||Re: Chirping in!
||La Reina (Authenticated as La Reina)
||January 22, 2012 at 7:58:33 AM
||Re: Chirping in! by Etoile
There was nothing, nothing in the world, as singular as that morning.
When Lennox fell asleep that night, he was quite sure it was on the armchair of his and Walt's shared room, having been almost literally lullabied by his colleague's reading aloud of some translation of Greek myths. On the other hand, Rowland remembered his last moments of the night as being spent lying on his bed, staring at the yellowish ceiling.
Then why is it that the following morning, both men have switched places?
It was almost with a shout that Lennox woke up to find himself in a bedroom he had never seen before in his entire life. But when he was sneaking around the room to see if the door was locked, he caught a look at himself in the mirror.
Or rather, a look at Rowland's face in the mirror.
Without even washing, Lennox-in-Rowland's-body got dressed as speedily as he could and practically ran the hallways at five in the morning, heading straight towards the upper floor where he knew his and Walt's room was. Thankfully, there was no-one in the morning to wonder why the usually calm "Rowland Blake" was racing around, and he arrived at his real bedroom in quite a flash. Knocking on the door rapidly, he found it opened soon enough by a similarly perturbed Walt.
"Gilliat," Lennox-Rowland muttered as way of greeting. "This is unbelievable. I - "
"Come in," Walter Gilliat barked, in his characteristic manner. He opened the door slightly wider to allow Lennox-Rowland to squeeze in, whereupon they were both greeted with the sight of Lennox's body sitting up very straight in the armchair and resting his chin on his hands, thinking with a most grave expression.
"Oy," Lennox could not help but burst out. "If I'm here, then - ?"
It felt strange, outlandish indeed, to hear one's own voice from one's own body calling one's own name, and yet observe the whole incident from an outsider's point of view. In a moment, Lennox-in-Rowland's-body's face blanched. "That you, Mr Blake?"
Rowland-in-Lennox's-body nodded. Walt had closed the door behind them, careful to make sure beforehand that no-one was around to witness the strange exchange from the corridors. Then, he pulled a chair and placed it opposite the armchair. Lennox-in-Rowland sank on it and gave a great sigh.
Glossary of La Reinaisms
Aheheh: onomatopoeia for a chuckle, esp. a mischievous one
Hurm: onomatopoeia for thinking; a standard reply when all else fails
Spam: an all-purpose word
This message was edited by the author on January 22, 2012 at 9:22:22 AM
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- self-fanfiction game, anyone? - Fiammetta Jan 21 2012, 9:17:28 AM
- I'll go for it. - Kaysnl Jan 29 2012, 2:47:33 PM
- New at this - Shamaim Jan 24 2012, 11:04:14 AM
- Let's see... - Billina Jan 22 2012, 9:16:21 AM
- Chirping in! - La Reina Jan 22 2012, 4:26:55 AM
- *tosses fanfic cookies* - klundtacular Jan 21 2012, 7:49:16 PM
- mine - Fiammetta Jan 21 2012, 1:07:03 PM
- I'm game. - MoonAgeDaydreamer Jan 21 2012, 1:06:50 PM
- YES! - Etoile Jan 21 2012, 12:02:49 PM
- Re: YES! - La Reina Jan 22 2012, 4:46:10 AM
- Re: YES! - MoonAgeDaydreamer Jan 21 2012, 1:17:25 PM
- Re: YES! - Fiammetta Jan 21 2012, 12:48:47 PM
- Re: YES! - Etoile Jan 22 2012, 1:50:10 PM
- nice! - Fiammetta Jan 23 2012, 11:35:18 AM