this is the last entry I have done for my massive String Theory novel(ette) that I'm working on. (this is also the same story that I keep asking those "bizarre" questions for)
First Summers’ End, Maiara;
Coming up from the cellar, Charles sat in a chair. Shadrach happily came in sitting in the other chair. Then he jumped down heading towards the kitchen, but stopped. Turning around quickly he yelled quietly, warning us someone was here!
Suddenly the fire flared into life and a cloaked figure stood atop the logs, stretching out to Charles’ shoulder. “Listen to your surroundings, my Son. Maiara and the Jester, Shadrach, are here to watch over you. Heed their wisdom.” Charles dropped to his knees crying.
The figure vanished amongst the flames as the cloak smoldered across the logs. Shadrach moved in close to Charles nudging his shoulder and licking his face. I sat down between them and the fire staring at the burnt ashes. Charles rubbed Shadrach’s mane getting up from the floor, heading outside.
Shadrach looked to me then grabbed the parchment, tracing Charles’ steps through the foliage. I quickly caught up to them along the edge of the Forest. Charles was standing there, frozen in place. He knelt down next to Shadrach and whispered in his ear. He turned back to me then ran off into the Forest. I stood in front of Charles looking into his eyes, and walked towards him. Charles jumped back frightened!
“He felt me.” I said happily. Then I shuddered and turned back to hear Shadrach barking within the Forest. I ran inside the Forest to find him, but kept running in circles. Charles was standing next to me. Shuddering again I wheeled back to find a tall monstrous man standing in front of me. Charles fell against a Tree. Then I saw the claw marks on the trunk.
Was this Allon standing in front of us? I was getting scared! Then he stretched out his formidable hand to Charles, smiling. “It’s alright Charles, my name is Shadrach.” His accent was foreign, from a far off land.
Charles took his hand and stood up, saying; “Thank you, Sir. Do you also own a wolf by the name of Shadrach?” I stood next to Charles, checking out this mysterious person.
“Yes, I did. But he seems to have run off within the Woods. May I ask of you to help me find him?”
Charles agreed and we all set off into the Forest. As we walked deeper into the Forest the Trees started to come to life. The snow began to swirl around our feet as the wind rushed through the leaves giving them a voice. “Open your Eyes, do not be Blind.”
Charles stopped in his tracks but Shadrach kept walking. Charles shouted to him. Nothing. Then he turned back and ran towards us, almost as if something had scared him. Stopping next to me he knelt down and looked into my eyes. How could he see me?! Then he spoke softly into my ear.
“This Forest is not what you think it to be, Maiara. You have made contact with Charles. Now you two will soon see the reasons for everything.”
He stood up and ran deep into the Forest, turning back to look at Charles. He shouted, “Leave here Charles! It’s not safe.” Charles looked puzzled then pivoted back on his heels and stated to run! We left the Forest and returned to the Cabin.
Charles sat in one of the chairs next to the fireplace and looked towards the door, where I was standing.
- I don't care what you have to say for my piece, but please don't tell me about the imporpor capitalizations because I'm aware of them. They are to show that that word (or phrase) has a greater importance/meaning.
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Writing Survey With a Difference! - Viola Eponine Feb 22 2012, 11:12:39 PM
- Something out of my usual genre... - Amphelise Feb 28 2012, 1:29:43 PM
- Here I go - Kaysnl Feb 25 2012, 8:40:55 PM
- Re: Writing Survey With a Difference! - Amalia Feb 24 2012, 7:06:06 PM
- IvyRaven - IvyRaven Feb 24 2012, 5:43:27 AM
- Lakin5 - lakin5 Feb 23 2012, 3:06:32 PM
- part of my book - Rachael Feb 23 2012, 12:19:05 PM
- my String Theory novel(ette) - Pyrrhus Emery Coal Feb 23 2012, 10:54:10 AM
- CattyLoony - CattyLoony Feb 23 2012, 10:22:41 AM
- Fiammetta - Fiammetta Feb 23 2012, 2:05:13 AM
- La Reina - La Reina Feb 22 2012, 11:29:01 PM
- Mine... - Viola Eponine Feb 22 2012, 11:26:12 PM