||La Reina (Authenticated as La Reina)
||February 24, 2012 at 12:07:18 AM
||CattyLoony by CattyLoony
1. Describe this person's writing style in three words
Narrating, simple, laconic.
2. What do you like most about this person's writing?
I like that while you didn't use the word "said" for every sentence, you didn't shy away from it either. Not using the phrasing "he/she/they said" at all is a sadly common mistake.
3. What is one piece of criticism you would give them?
Take care to remember your punctuation. Dialogue contains punctuation, as well, so a shout might be "What?" or "What?!" (or sometimes even "What!"), not just "What".
4. Compare this person's work to that of a published author
I'm not sure who to compare you to; I don't know a terrible lot of authors.
5. Which do you think is this person's strongest area - characterisation or plot?
With such a short sample, I really can't tell. So far, though, just with the dialogue and actions, I can already have a taste of what Jamie, Lexi, and her sister are like, so I'll say characterisation.
An omnivorous reader with a strangely retentive memory for trifles.
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Writing Survey With a Difference! - Viola Eponine Feb 22 2012, 11:12:39 PM
- Something out of my usual genre... - Amphelise Feb 28 2012, 1:29:43 PM
- Here I go - Kaysnl Feb 25 2012, 8:40:55 PM
- Re: Writing Survey With a Difference! - Amalia Feb 24 2012, 7:06:06 PM
- IvyRaven - IvyRaven Feb 24 2012, 5:43:27 AM
- Lakin5 - lakin5 Feb 23 2012, 3:06:32 PM
- part of my book - Rachael Feb 23 2012, 12:19:05 PM
- my String Theory novel(ette) - Pyrrhus Emery Coal Feb 23 2012, 10:54:10 AM
- CattyLoony - CattyLoony Feb 23 2012, 10:22:41 AM
- Re: CattyLoony - La Reina Feb 24 2012, 12:07:18 AM
- Re: CattyLoony - Billina Feb 23 2012, 1:45:16 PM
- Fiammetta - Fiammetta Feb 23 2012, 2:05:13 AM
- La Reina - La Reina Feb 22 2012, 11:29:01 PM
- Mine... - Viola Eponine Feb 22 2012, 11:26:12 PM