||Re: Writers' Survey
||MoonAgeDaydreamer (Authenticated as MoonAgeDaydreamer)
||March 12, 2012 at 11:41:30 AM
||Writers' Survey by La Reina
1. What genres do you usually write? Or at least, what genre do you feel most comfortable writing?
Science fiction, I suppose.
2. Do you have recurring themes in your stories? If yes, are the themes story-specific, or do they turn up in all or most of your work, regardless of story relation?
I notice that most of my stories involve a person having a kind of crisis of reality, but from there I tend to branch out into other themes.
3. What do you consider to be the hardest part of the writing process? (Choosing a title, character development, exposition, &c)
Choosing a title! :) In all seriousness, my style of writing usually lacks bulk, so getting actual content onto the page is what I struggle with the most.
4. Be honest, now: Do you ever feel sorry or remorseful for the things you "do" to your characters in the story?
5. If you can spend a day with one of your own characters, who would it be, and what would you do?
I'd like to spend a day with all of them and just sit and talk to them! I try to make characters who are interesting, after all.
6. Who do you think are your major influences in writing?
Ernest Hemingway in a huge way. To lesser degrees, I find myself drawn over and over again to Jack Kerouac's conversational kind of narration and Samuel R. Delany's lovely, sparse descriptions.
7. Do you have a "darling" - a favourite character or story of yours that you just love for some reason? Who/what?
I guess Dyad Moon is kind of like that, but I swore to myself when I started that project that I would not give up on it. It still interests me, though my massive output back in the winter has stalled once again. Maybe someday I'll actually finish it.
8. Which of your characters, in your mind, resembles you the most (either physically, by personality, by background, &c - it's up to you)?
I suppose Adele Sauveterre, but she's become much less like me over the years.
9. Do you have "soundtracks" for specific stories/characters/scenes/&c?
10. How would you describe your writing style?
What I go for is "to the point," but I worry that what I end up with is "stupidly skimpy."
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Writers' Survey - La Reina Mar 12 2012, 2:01:32 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - jeans_4484 Mar 20 2012, 12:09:56 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Mercy Joy Mar 15 2012, 2:33:02 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - LesleyDracken Mar 14 2012, 12:26:52 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Parfaitcheri Mar 13 2012, 2:53:10 PM
- Ignore. - jeans_4484 Mar 20 2012, 10:57:00 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - CattyLoony Mar 13 2012, 1:29:03 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Isabel Mar 12 2012, 8:54:13 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - December Kat Mar 12 2012, 7:45:48 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - weloveyoujamesarness Mar 12 2012, 6:49:52 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Kaysnl Mar 12 2012, 4:59:58 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Rachael Mar 12 2012, 1:29:27 PM
- not dead yet either - Fiammetta Mar 12 2012, 1:09:34 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - MoonAgeDaydreamer Mar 12 2012, 11:41:30 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Calla Mar 12 2012, 8:59:15 AM
- I'm not dead yet - klundtacular Mar 12 2012, 8:47:03 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Etoile Mar 12 2012, 8:21:45 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Norah Mar 12 2012, 6:31:10 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - lakin5 Mar 12 2012, 3:53:20 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Viola Eponine Mar 12 2012, 3:42:03 AM
- Mine - La Reina Mar 12 2012, 2:14:25 AM