||Re: Writers' Survey
||December Kat (Authenticated as sweetkit)
||March 12, 2012 at 7:45:48 PM
||Writers' Survey by La Reina
1. What genres do you usually write? Or at least, what genre do you feel most comfortable writing?
--I like writing what I like to call “funny fantasy” which is pretty much what it sounds like. Fantasy stories, with a humourous twist. Although, I do enjoy writing somewhat disturbing mind screw-y stories. That probably something about my character... ;-)
2. Do you have recurring themes in your stories? If yes, are the themes story-specific, or do they turn up in all or most of your work, regardless of story relation?
--Ooh, let's see, abusive parents tend to turn up in my stories quite a bit, as does sibling rivalry, and the “power of friendship.” Also, quite a few of my characters seem to have no social skills. Art imitating life perhaps? :-P
3. What do you consider to be the hardest part of the writing process? (Choosing a title, character development, exposition, &c)
--Getting past the first page or two, and finishing the #@^^> thing! I tend to get sidetracked and start on another idea before finishing the first one. Very annoying. :-P
4. Be honest, now: Do you ever feel sorry or remorseful for the things you "do" to your characters in the story?
5. If you can spend a day with one of your own characters, who would it be, and what would you do?
--I think I'd like to spend a day with Murphy Celeste. Her thought patterns tend to be rather... interesting, and I think it would be fun to try and follow her train of thought.
6. Who do you think are your major influences in writing?
--Tamora Pierce, Douglas Adams, and Terry Prachett
7. Do you have a "darling" - a favourite character or story of yours that you just love for some reason? Who/what?
--I'm particularly fond of Grisham Marcelo, partly because she's so different from me.
8. Which of your characters, in your mind, resembles you the most (either physically, by personality, by background, &c - it's up to you)?
--Well, Boulder has a family similar to mine (Scandinavian, insane relatives), but I like to think that Albertine and Murphy have absorbed most of my better personality traits.
9. Do you have "soundtracks" for specific stories/characters/scenes/&c?
--Yes! I actually have a special “theme song” for a lot of my characters. For example, Albertine has “People Are Strange” by The Who as her theme song.
10. How would you describe your writing style?
--I think I tend towards the more sarcastic/snarky side of things. Also, I tend to use a lot of similes.
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Writers' Survey - La Reina Mar 12 2012, 2:01:32 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - jeans_4484 Mar 20 2012, 12:09:56 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Mercy Joy Mar 15 2012, 2:33:02 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - LesleyDracken Mar 14 2012, 12:26:52 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Parfaitcheri Mar 13 2012, 2:53:10 PM
- Ignore. - jeans_4484 Mar 20 2012, 10:57:00 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - CattyLoony Mar 13 2012, 1:29:03 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Isabel Mar 12 2012, 8:54:13 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - December Kat Mar 12 2012, 7:45:48 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - weloveyoujamesarness Mar 12 2012, 6:49:52 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Kaysnl Mar 12 2012, 4:59:58 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Rachael Mar 12 2012, 1:29:27 PM
- not dead yet either - Fiammetta Mar 12 2012, 1:09:34 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - MoonAgeDaydreamer Mar 12 2012, 11:41:30 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Calla Mar 12 2012, 8:59:15 AM
- I'm not dead yet - klundtacular Mar 12 2012, 8:47:03 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Etoile Mar 12 2012, 8:21:45 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Norah Mar 12 2012, 6:31:10 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - lakin5 Mar 12 2012, 3:53:20 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Viola Eponine Mar 12 2012, 3:42:03 AM
- Mine - La Reina Mar 12 2012, 2:14:25 AM