||Re: Writers' Survey
||Isabel (guest, 18.104.22.168)
||March 12, 2012 at 8:54:13 PM
||Writers' Survey by La Reina
1. What genres do you usually write? Or at least, what genre do you feel most comfortable writing?
I usually write historical fiction of the adventure/mystery kind. Occasionally a bit of romance sneaks into the above as well, but not always.
2. Do you have recurring themes in your stories? If yes, are the themes story-specific, or do they turn up in all or most of your work, regardless of story relation?
No, at least I don't think so. On second thoughts, seeking/living the truth has appeared in a couple stories.
3. What do you consider to be the hardest part of the writing process? (Choosing a title, character development, exposition, &c)
Characters are always my natural starting point, they come easily to me. What I find hardest are some aspects of plotting, and the actual exposition - grammar is not one of my strengths!
4. Be honest, now: Do you ever feel sorry or remorseful for the things you "do" to your characters in the story?
Not one bit! (typical Scorpio response, lol)
5. If you can spend a day with one of your own characters, who would it be, and what would you do?
I would spend a day with Catrin Morgan, a Welsh-Cornish indentured servant, and go sailing.
6. Who do you think are your major influences in writing?
No idea. Hopefully I'm slowly developing a voice of my own. Maybe I could say Jane Austen, due to the time period setting?
7. Do you have a "darling" - a favourite character or story of yours that you just love for some reason? Who/what?
No one in particular. Once I've finished with one story and move onto the next, my focus is given to the new arrivals :)
8. Which of your characters, in your mind, resembles you the most (either physically, by personality, by background, &c - it's up to you)?
Evelia, from my failed fantasy attempt. Personality-wise she was the closest character to me that I've ever written, though even then she was only about 50% in similarity. Her background and appearance were not even close to mine.
9. Do you have "soundtracks" for specific stories/characters/scenes/&c?
10. How would you describe your writing style?
At the moment non-existent due to work and life getting in the way! Usually though it is quite succinct and fast-paced. At other times it can be quite descriptive, reflective, lingering and emotive. It just depends on my mood and the requirements of the story I guess!
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Writers' Survey - La Reina Mar 12 2012, 2:01:32 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - jeans_4484 Mar 20 2012, 12:09:56 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Mercy Joy Mar 15 2012, 2:33:02 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - LesleyDracken Mar 14 2012, 12:26:52 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Parfaitcheri Mar 13 2012, 2:53:10 PM
- Ignore. - jeans_4484 Mar 20 2012, 10:57:00 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - CattyLoony Mar 13 2012, 1:29:03 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Isabel Mar 12 2012, 8:54:13 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - December Kat Mar 12 2012, 7:45:48 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - weloveyoujamesarness Mar 12 2012, 6:49:52 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Kaysnl Mar 12 2012, 4:59:58 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Rachael Mar 12 2012, 1:29:27 PM
- not dead yet either - Fiammetta Mar 12 2012, 1:09:34 PM
- Re: Writers' Survey - MoonAgeDaydreamer Mar 12 2012, 11:41:30 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Calla Mar 12 2012, 8:59:15 AM
- I'm not dead yet - klundtacular Mar 12 2012, 8:47:03 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Etoile Mar 12 2012, 8:21:45 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Norah Mar 12 2012, 6:31:10 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - lakin5 Mar 12 2012, 3:53:20 AM
- Re: Writers' Survey - Viola Eponine Mar 12 2012, 3:42:03 AM
- Mine - La Reina Mar 12 2012, 2:14:25 AM