----- Ashley Rachael Haines, but everyone calls me Ash
2. Date of birth? How old are you?
----- I'm almost twenty-four; I was born on the 26th of May, 1988
3. What is your birth sign?
----- I'm a Gemini. I'm not sure whether I believe all that stuff about birth signs, though
4. What’s your earliest memory?
----- Um... I remember my brother Mark and I making our own tent in the back garden out of a clothes-horse and some bedsheets, because we wanted to go camping and our parents didn't. We had this tiny, concrete back yard with a few plant-pots... it wasn't even a garden, really. We insisted on staying out there all night - it was bloody freezing, even though it must have been around May-time, because it wasn't that long before my birthday
5. Describe yourself in five words.
----- Oh, I hate these things, I don't think I'm that great a judge of my own personality... let's see... I'd say I'm friendly, open, quick to judge, focused and ...maybe a little bit hypocritical, sometimes
6. Describe your accent.
------ It's one of those nondescript, quite posh accents that's not quite a London accent but not really anything else, either
7. Who in your life are you closest to?
----- I suppose an easier question might be who WAS I closest to... I used to be very close to Mark, but I haven't spoken to him properly in months. And I used to be pretty close to our mum, but again, not so much any more. In a weird way, my friend Ewan and I are incredibly close, but we argue an awful lot, too
8. What phrase do you use the most?
----- I use the phrase "But there you are..." a lot when I'm talking about something you can't change... and I call things "completely ridiculous" quite a bit... it's not as if I have a sort of... personal catch-phrase, or anything, though
9. Which item of clothing/accessory do you wear the most?
----- I have a chocolate-brown leather jacket that I've worn absolutely to death. That, and my old brown brogues
10. What is your favourite book?
----- 'The Hobbit', probably. I'm interested in a lot of folklore as well, and I have this little pocket-anthology of myths and legends that basically lives in my bag
11. It is nine o’clock on an average Monday morning. Where are you; what are you doing?
----- I'm probably in my kitchen, drinking my first cup of coffee of the day and listening to the radio
12. It is eleven o’clock on an average Friday night. Where are you; what are you doing?
----- I'm either out for a few drinks with Carl and Phoebe, my housemates, or else we're all sitting in and watching a film or something
13. Of which of your talents are you most proud?
----- I have a ridiculously big memory, which is so useful. When I was in school, I used to memorise entire poems off by heart so I'd never have to stress that much before exams. I don't really think having a good memory is a 'talent', though - I mean, it's not really something you can practice, and it's not really something no one else can do, so, you know...
14. Which of your possessions have you had the longest?
----- It'll be one of my books, probably. I've got books I've had since I was six or seven years old. Other than that, a patchwork bag I bought at Glastonbury festival when I was sixteen, maybe? I don't have that many old things
15. Name three objects that are in your bedroom.
----- A wind-chime made of lots of mirrored glass and feathers and things; a bedside lamp with a lampshade that has little black cats all over it; a mug with a picture of an owl wearing glasses on it
16. If you were given an unlimited supply of money, what would be the first thing you would do with it?
------ I'd probably use most of it up on travelling and buying a huge amount of books, and chances are I might not even end up reading half of them after all that. I'd give some to charities for endangered species of animals, too
17. Describe your current home.
----- It's a little cottage in St. Pirans in Cornwall. It looks incredibly pretty from the outside, but it's riddled with damp and stuff on the inside. It doesn't have central heating, either. But I'm lucky to have got it, though, because the rent's not too bad and the location's wonderful
18. What is your favourite name?
----- Rory or Morgan for a boy; Niamh for a girl
19. How about your favourite colour?
----- Olive green
20. Favourite room in your home?
----- I like my kitchen; it always seems really bright in there, even if it's not sunny
21. Favourite food?
----- Tuna pasta bake
22. Favourite drink?
----- Peppermint tea or cider
23. Favourite fabric?
----- Linen, maybe? I know it's really simple, but I like that
24. Favourite hairstyle?
----- I like my hair how it is; long with a few layers, but not too many
25. Favourite time of day?
----- Late morning, when you've got that feeling of having the whole day ahead of you, and you're actually awake enough to enjoy it by then
26. Favourite sort of weather?
----- Spring weather - bright and breezy
27. Do you like your handwriting?
----- It's alright... it's kind of looping and rounded. It doesn't really look very professional, but it's easy to read
28. Are you superstitious?
----- Kind of. Not overly so. I won't walk under ladders, for example, but I'm not afraid of Friday the 13th
29. How about religious?
----- I think maybe I believe in karma. And fate. Perhaps I'm more spiritual than religious. I try to be open-minded, but I just end up being uncertain
30. If you are religious, how do you feel about those who aren’t? If you aren’t, how do you feel about those who are?
----- Well, like I said, I try to be open minded. I can't stand it when people try to push religion on you, or try to push you into not believing in anything, though
31. Do you take any sort of medication?
----- No. Actually, I try not to take medication, wherever possible. I really like natural remedies
32. Do you wear makeup/perfume/cologne?
----- I wear perfume and a little make up, but not much. I don't take very much time over getting ready
33. Would you rather have lots of friends who secretly hate you, or no friends at all?
----- Lots of friends, I think. I like to think I'm not too bothered what people think of me, and it would get very boring and lonely without anyone around to talk to
34. Name three people you admire.
----- JRR Tolkien, Thomas Malory and Bob Dylan
35. Name three things that cross your mind a lot.
----- the future, the environment, tea
36. What is your most unusual trait?
------ I don't think of myself as being someone particularly unusual... um... I can decide or control what happens in my dreams
37. What is your strangest habit?
----- I can't stop listening to a song midway through; I have to stand around and wait for it to finish before I can turn off the radio or my iPod or whatever it is I'm listening to
38. Do you swear?
----- Sometimes. I'm not one of those every-other-word-is-an-expletive people, though
39. Do you smoke?
40. Do you drink?
----- Yes - mostly cider and occasionally mixers. I can't stand wine or beer
41. What would others cite as your most irritating habit?
----- I sometimes forget what I'm saying mid-sentence and go off into a bit of a daydream, which I bet can be pretty infuriating
42. If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would it be?
----- I'd make my nose smaller. It's not as big as, say, my mum's, but it's still pretty big
43. How about if you could change one thing about your past?
----- I'd change what happened last October. Then Mark would still be able to see and Mum wouldn't be so neurotic and life would just be a lot easier for everyone
44. If you could change one thing about your life at the moment?
----- I'd be more assertive; I'd make conscious decisions and not just wait for things to happen to me
45. If you could change one thing about the rest of the world?
----- I'd make people more understanding of one another and more conscious of environmental issues
46. Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you?
----- I don't know... I'd like people to know that I'm not unhappy; I just have a lot of regrets. Those are two different things.