Note: Janice here is the girlfriend of Viola Eponine's Ash's brother.
1. What is your full name? Janice Evelina Anderson. I'm named after both my grandmothers, so don't sue me.
2. Date of birth? How old are you? 11 February 1986. I'm twenty-six.
3. What is your birth sign? I don't know, I don't believe in astrology.
4. What’s your earliest memory? Playing with Oma (that's what I call my grandmother Evelina; my grandmother Janice died before I was born) in her living room, usually with paper dolls she made for me, while my Opa and my parents talked. When I was a little girl, I visit my grandparents' house every weekend.
5. Describe yourself in five words. Quiet, loyal, friendly, artistic, and a homebody. Mark can sum me up in one word, though - "Hufflepuff".
6. Describe your accent. I'm not sure. Typical Londoner accent? (LaRe's note: Janice actually says "I suppose" a lot; she just doesn't realise it.)
7. Who in your life are you closest to? My boyfriend, Mark.
8. What phrase do you use the most? I don't think I have one.
9. Which item of clothing/accessory do you wear the most? I have a nice, pale blue silk scarf that I wear rather often. Sometimes I sling it around my neck, sometimes I knot it, sometimes I wrap it around my head, or even just tie it on my handbag. Mark bought it for me, for my twenty-fourth birthday.
10. What is your favourite book? Maybe J. K. Rowling's Harry Potter series?
11. It is nine o’clock on an average Monday morning. Where are you; what are you doing? Just opening shop at Church Street. I own a little independent boutique there. Well, it's more of a tiny shop, but we're doing off nicely by it.
12. It is eleven o’clock on an average Friday night. Where are you; what are you doing? Sitting awake in bed, at home, reading to Mark. He asks me to read for him almost every night. It's our "together" time, our quiet time to just enjoy each other's company.
13. Of which of your talents are you most proud? I suppose I'm a pretty decent dressmaker, otherwise I wouldn't have any customers at all!
14. Which of your possessions have you had the longest? A simple pearl necklace, which my mother gave to me when I was going to be bridesmaid for my Aunt Callie. It's also possibly my oldest possession, because before it was mine, my father gave it to my mother when they were dating. I suppose the necklace was their blue scarf.
15. Name three objects that are in your bedroom. Our bed, which is wide and comfy. The wardrobe, wooden and painted white. A throw-rug, dark red.
16. If you were given an unlimited supply of money, what would be the first thing you would do with it? Doctors say the chance is small, but I'd like to try to find someone who can help Mark see again. Or, if it really can't be helped, at least for us to have a good and comfortable life together.
17. Describe your current home. We bought a small house in Kensington the year following the accident that blinded Mark. It's one-storey, because we wanted to avoid staircases for the time being. We have a living room, a kitchen, a back garden, a bedroom, and a bathroom. We didn't have much money to spare for a larger house, because most of them we spent making the necessary adjustments to the house.
18. What is your favourite name? I like simple but sweet names. For girls, Agnes, Ellie, or Claire. For boys, Peter, Harry, or Blake.
19. How about your favourite colour? I like - I don't know what it's called. It's that sort of paled, warm, soft rose colour you see in vintage or vintage-like things. I tend to like pastels, or those soft vintage-y tones.
20. Favourite room in your home? I like the living room, or the bedroom.
21. Favourite food? Chocolate cake.
22. Favourite drink? I don't drink it often, but I like aniseed tea - tisane, I think they call it?
23. Favourite fabric? Silk. Soft, nostalgic, smooth. Besides that, I also like satin and chiffon.
24. Favourite hairstyle? I actually like the close-cut, wavy hairstyle you see in photos from the 1930s, but I'm not sure if I'll want to have it or not. Mark says it's fine if I want to try it, but I'm still considering.
25. Favourite time of day? Early mornings, when the sun's just risen, the air is crisp and cool, but the sunlight makes it not too cold.
26. Favourite sort of weather? Fair weather, I suppose?
27. Do you like your handwriting? It's fine, I guess. It's a bit tiny, but it's readable.
28. Are you superstitious? No.
29. How about religious? Somewhat. I wasn't religious, but Mark attends church every Sunday, and I come with him.
30. If you are religious, how do you feel about those who aren’t? If you aren’t, how do you feel about those who are? I suppose I don't mind either way.
31. Do you take any sort of medication? No.
32. Do you wear makeup/perfume/cologne? Yes, regularly, although just a bit. I always wear at least perfume and a bit of lip gloss.
33. Would you rather have lots of friends who secretly hate you, or no friends at all? This is difficult. I think I'd rather have no friends at all.
34. Name three people you admire. I admire Mark, for his strength, and how he embodies the whole "Keep calm and carry on" aspect of things. On a more distant scale, I admire Coco Chanel, for the revolution she brought into women's fashions, and J. K. Rowling, for her creativity.
35. Name three things that cross your mind a lot. Well, there's always Mark, of course. And then, I think of our future and what it will bring. And lately, I've been thinking about marriage - Mark didn't really propose, but he just led us into a talk about it, and we discussed marrying. We both decided we'll wait until we've enough money, and if it's possible, for the family to be ready to reconcile and move on before we get married.
36. What is your most unusual trait? I don't think I'm very unusual?
37. What is your strangest habit? If I wake up in the middle of the night, I always go around to check the house - the windows, the doors, Haley (Haley's our seeing-eye dog), just the house in general. It may have something to do with my waking up at night when I was a child, and then finding that it wasn't really that late and some of the adults are still up.
38. Do you swear? I don't make a habit out of it, but once in a while I do, if I get very angry or the like.
39. Do you smoke? No.
40. Do you drink? Occasionally.
41. What would others cite as your most irritating habit? Some people don't like that I redirect conversation very often. It's just that when I feel things might get awkward, I always change topics.
42. If you could change one thing about your appearance, what would it be? I'd like to be a little taller.
43. How about if you could change one thing about your past? The accident. I'd want Mark to still be able to see.
44. If you could change one thing about your life at the moment? Again, I still wish Mark's eyes could've been saved. Not that I really blame them that much - no, I suppose it'll be unfair to do that - but it's just a terrible thing to happen to anyone. Other than that, I wish Mark's family wouldn't avoid him or each other. It's painful when they do that.
45. If you could change one thing about the rest of the world? I don't know, I don't really think about "the rest of the world".
46. Is there anything else you’d like us to know about you? I can't think of anything right now.
LaRe An omnivorous reader with a strangely retentive memory for trifles.
Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.