|Subject:||Re: Character Survey... with a twist!|
|Author:||plingy (Authenticated as plingy)|
|Date:||April 3, 2012 at 10:56:37 AM|
|Reply to:||Character Survey... with a twist! by Etoile|
1. What is your full name?
Dylan Adriano Brady. Nice mix of Irish and Italian ancestry and fandom of parents.
2. Do you have any nicknames? If so, what are they? How do you feel about them?
Most of the Italian part of the family calls me Dino. I personally think they could stop doing that now, but apparently they don't share that opinion.
3. When were you born? How old are you now?
20th December 1968, so 40. [Note: The story Dylan is split into several episodes set between 1984 and 2008, so this would be in 2009, after the last episode has taken place.]
4. Where were you born? Do you still live there?
I was born in London. I grew up somewhere else, but I moved back there when I moved out from home.
5. How would you describe your body (this includes things like height, weight, build, etc.)?
I'm around 6' tall and I'd like to think I'm in ok shape, keeping in mind that I'm on the wrong side of 35.
6. What color is your hair? How is it styled?
Black, cut quite short.
7. What color are your eyes?
8. Describe your skin/complexion.
I'm not as pasty as I could be, considering where I live, because of the Italian genes. I get a lot tanner when I'm in the sun. It's a shame there's not a lot of sun in Northern London most of the time.
9. What about your hands?
Well...they are hands. With fingers and thumbs and knuckles and stuff.
10. Do you have any scars and/or physical handicaps?
I have some scars on my knees (I was a wild child), one on my belly (from having my appendix taken out) and two of the thumb of my left hand (from knive accidents). I also have asthma that has all but disappeared as I've become older.
11. Describe your family. How do you feel about them? Are you close to them?
My father is a retired teacher and my mother was a professional piano player when she was young, but she has worked as a music therapist for most of her working life. They live an one and a half hour drive away from us, but they are very involved in our children's life and I'm very close to them. I have three siblings: my twin sister Rosie is a cook and lives in Winchester with her family, which is where my younger brother Spence lives as well with his wife and their daughter. My youngest brother Phil lives in London as well, he just moved in with his girlfriend. I've always had good relationships with my siblings, especially with Rosie, and I love them very much.
I have been married to Jules, who is a photographer and graphic designer, for seven years, but we've known each other since we were teenagers. We have three kids, Charlotte is 9, Ben is 7 and Emily just turned 2.
12. Do you have a best friend? If so, who is it? What is he/she like?
I grew up with my two best friends Colin and Adam. We lived in the same town, went to the same school and spent most of our afternoons and weekends together until all of us moved away after school. I still consider them to be my best friends, although we don't see each other very often anymore. My third best friend is Jules.
13. Who are your other friends? What are they like?
This includes my siblings and several people I know from work, who are all brilliant in their own way.
14. What about other acquaintances? How do you feel about them? How often do you interact with them?
Knowing a lot of people comes with my work. I like it because I quite like people in general. It's nice to see familiar faces in a lot of places where you maybe didn't expect it. I generally do my best to be nice to everyone I meet.
15. What makes you laugh? How would you describe your sense of humor?
I've heard people say that I have a childish sense of humour, and I do laugh about lots of things, from toddlers falling over to Monty Python.
16. What are your ambitions? Which is most important?
I want to be good at my work, a good husband, a good dad, a good friend and a generally good person.
17. How would you describe your philosophy of life?
My parents are strong believers in doing your very best in everything you do, so that is what I was brought up to believe as well.
18. Do you have any hobbies? What are they?
I read a lot, I watch a lot of films and plays. I also like doing sports, especially running and football.
19. What kind of music do you like? Books? Other forms of entertainment?
I've been a huge Queen fan since I was about ten. I generally like rock music and some folk music. For entertainment, I love everything that tells stories, which is the main reason why I got into the whole acting thing in the first place. I've always read a lot and watch a lot of films. My guilty pleasure are video games. It's got particularly bad since Assassin's Creed has come out.
20. Describe the way you dress. Do you like it, or do you wish you dressed differently?
I wear jeans, t-shirts or shirts, sweatshirts or pullovers. If I wanted to dress differently, I would probably do it.
21. What is your favorite color?
Oh. Hm. Blue?
22. What is usually in your pockets/purse/wallet/sack/etc.?
I carry some money, my phone and my keys in the pockets of my trousers.
23. What is your favorite food?
My very favourite food is the Sunday roast my dad cooks.
24. Do you have any allergies?
25. Name the first five possessions of yours that come into your head.
House, car, phone, Playstation, wedding ring.
26. What is your most treasured possession? (It's fine if it's on the list above)
Probably the house. It was built in the 1910s and has a big garden and is just lovely in general.
27. What is your educational background?
I went to state primary and secondary school, did my A-Levels and received what you could call university education at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in London.
28. What do you do for a living? What other jobs have you had, if any?
I'm an actor and fortunate enough to make a living by doing it. I have worked as factory worker, at the cashier of a petrol station and in the kitchen of several pubs and restaurants.
29. Do you have any enemies? Who? Why are they your enemies?
Does anybody even have enemies anymore? At least I don't think I do. I hope I'm right with that.
30. Describe your home. What do you like about it? What do you dislike?
I live in a small-ish town north of London. I like it because it's not in the city and it is a good place to raise kids, but it is very close to London and reasonably close to most of my extended family. The traffic getting in and out of the city can be rough, though, which is a pain.
31. What do you consider your best character trait?
This is connected to the "my philosophy" question. I think my best character trait is trying to do my best at everything.
32. Your worst character trait?
I hate being on my own and being bored. If that happens, I can get seriously annoying.
33. How do you see yourself?
By looking in the mirror.
34. How do others see you?
By looking at me.
35. What is your favorite childhood memory?
I have a very distinct memory of my sister and my best childhood friends having a picnic in a field in the summer when we were about ten. I'm not sure if it's my favourite one, but it's one that sticks out and it's definitely one of my favourites.
This message was edited by the author on April 5, 2012 at 12:52:52 AM
|Messages in this thread:|
|Home : Boards : The Writing Room||
Copyright © |