(I'm actually planning on writing a whole "sequel" in the form of a long news article combined with flashbacks to important moments based on this idea, even if it just ends up being for myself, so I'll give the short version.)
Spencer decided that he wanted to be young when he first ran for president. As much as he wished he'd be able to run on just his ideals, he knew that he'd have to rely to at least some degree on his good looks and natural charisma, which would be easier if he were still fairly young. I'm not entirely sure when his first run will be (either 2032, when he's 40, or 2036, when he's 44), but in any case, he's under fifty and has had experience in both the House of Representatives and the Senate.
He and Roman have been married since Spencer was 27 and Roman 28. The fact that he is gay and married has caused quite a bit of controversy, especially since it is commonly believed to be the reason he lost his first attempt to run for the House of Representatives. In the face of this, they have simply done their best to present themselves as as perfect of a couple as they could, since they were aware that they were becoming poster boys for same-sex couples whether they liked it or not. By the time Spencer runs for president, they also have two children: Emilia (Spencer's biological daughter) is either 10 or 14 and Damian (Roman's biological son) is 8 or 12.
He centers his campaign on promoting equality and other all-around reforms, and does everything he can to make sure he never wavers in his positions. He has to endure homophobic comments from a variety of sources, and is accompanied by a full security detail from very early in the campaign process. In addition, there are many derogatory comments about the fact that Roman is not American, and he is often painted as a male version of a stereotypical political wife. He also does as much to downplay his atheism as he can (and gets very annoyed that he has to do this). Eventually, his dedication to his principles allows him to secure his party's nomination. From that point, though, I'm not entirely sure what happens or when/if he wins.
Post a Response
- The Alternate Universe Game! - Etoile Apr 6 2012, 10:30:04 PM
- It's Katie Time - klundtacular Apr 12 2012, 3:33:14 PM
- Re: The Alternate Universe Game! - avesjohn Apr 10 2012, 9:39:30 PM
- Double post. Ignore nt - avesjohn Apr 10 2012, 9:38:32 PM
- YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Rachael Apr 8 2012, 5:12:56 AM
- Re: The Alternate Universe Game! - lakin5 Apr 7 2012, 12:51:45 PM
- Re: The Alternate Universe Game! - plingy Apr 7 2012, 10:29:45 AM
- Re: The Alternate Universe Game! - Parfaitcheri Apr 7 2012, 8:47:15 AM
- Re: The Alternate Universe Game! - La Reina Apr 7 2012, 7:39:05 AM
- Re: The Alternate Universe Game! - Fiammetta Apr 7 2012, 7:12:19 AM
- Re: The Alternate Universe Game! - Etoile Apr 6 2012, 11:04:14 PM