||Fiammetta (guest, 188.8.131.52)
||April 10, 2012 at 5:53:07 AM
||Re: thanks! by La Reina
Definitely a Checov's Gun of sorts. Plus the scene of the Smiley-Karla encounter is very vivid in the book. I suppose they might do like the BBC, go directly to Smiley's People (which is the best of the 3 IMO, tauter and easier to follow), since The Honorable Schoolboy has an expensive locale.
Anyway, here goes:
Delia was alone in the subway wagon, except for a scruffy-looking young man immersed in a book. She could see the cover from where she was sitting, recognized an indistinc face with a pair of large blue eyes. The Fitzgerald novel everyone was talking about. Delia looked more closely at the young man. He was poorly dressed and in need of a haircut, but wasn't otherwise bad-looking, with broad shoulders, light skin and thick dark hair. He would do for now.
"That's a spiffy novel, isn't it?" she said.
The young man raised his eyes slowly from the book, gave her an awkward smile. "I suppose... it is."
"You a Britisher?"
He nodded, apparently embarrassed. His eyes were kind but looking past her, as if he didn't quite see her.
Post a Response
- The Alternate Universe Game! - Etoile Apr 6 2012, 10:30:04 PM
- It's Katie Time - klundtacular Apr 12 2012, 3:33:14 PM
- Re: The Alternate Universe Game! - avesjohn Apr 10 2012, 9:39:30 PM
- Double post. Ignore nt - avesjohn Apr 10 2012, 9:38:32 PM
- YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Rachael Apr 8 2012, 5:12:56 AM
- Re: The Alternate Universe Game! - lakin5 Apr 7 2012, 12:51:45 PM
- Re: The Alternate Universe Game! - plingy Apr 7 2012, 10:29:45 AM
- Re: The Alternate Universe Game! - Parfaitcheri Apr 7 2012, 8:47:15 AM
- Re: The Alternate Universe Game! - La Reina Apr 7 2012, 7:39:05 AM
- Re: The Alternate Universe Game! - Fiammetta Apr 7 2012, 7:12:19 AM
- Re: The Alternate Universe Game! - Etoile Apr 6 2012, 11:04:14 PM