View Message

>
Subject: The Drabble Fic Game!
Author: La Reina   (Authenticated as La Reina)
Date: June 25, 2012 at 5:23:53 AM
Following in Billina's footsteps with this sort of game. She got the ball rolling, and I'm giving it a nice solid kick full of kinetic energy. A drabble fic (or DrabbleFic, or drabblefic, &c), for the un-fanfiction-inclined, is a short piece of fanfiction. According to The Other Wiki (i.e. Wikipedia): "A drabble is an extremely short work of fiction of exactly one hundred words in length, not necessarily including the title." And that, ladies and gentlemen, is exactly what we shall do in this game. One hundred words, a story that stands alone, using your own characters (or someone else's, we're not picky). Answer these (hopefully imaginative, rather geeky) questions, and don't peek!

1. You are walking down a dark alley when four knife-wielding muggers jump out at you. You:
a) Run like Forrest Gump and don't stop.
b) Get into a fighting stance and get ready to seriously prod buttock.
c) Freeze with terror.
d) Whip out your diplomatic skills (screaming bloody murder counts as option c).

2. Would you rather be stranded for a day in:
a) Renaissance Italy?
b) Victorian London?
c) Prohibition Chicago?
d) Futuristic Hong Kong?

3. Which of these (real foodstuff) would you rather consume?
a) Sea salt ice cream
b) Roast octopus
c) Frogs with soy sauce
d) Rice tea


1. You are walking down a dark alley when four knife-wielding muggers jump out at you. You:
- If you answered a, your story involves a sock (preferably with half a brick in it).
- If you answered b, your story involves a fireplace poker.
- If you answered c, your story involves a badge of some sort.
- If you answered d, your story involves a stack of files.

2. Would you rather be stranded for a day in:
- If you answered a, your main character is feeling cheerful.
- If you answered b, your main character is feeling nostalgic.
- If you answered c, your main character is feeling melancholic.
- If you answered d, your main character is feeling disappointed.

3. Which of these (real foodstuff) would you rather consume?
- If you answered a, you must use the word "impeach".
- If you answered b, you must use the word "impasse".
- If you answered c, you must use the word "impress".
- If you answered d, you must use the word "impale".


LaRe
An omnivorous reader with a strangely retentive memory for trifles.

Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.

Messages in this thread: