"A woman doctor?" There is astonishment in my voice, no matter how hard I try to hide it. "I don't think I've ever met a woman doctor before."
Dr. Samantha Tully smiled slightly and took a seat opposite me. She was an attractive woman, slim and dark-haired.
"Tell me," I say, shifting in my seat. "How hard was it to battle it out with all those men in medical school? This is 1939, after all. I can imagine the hurdles you had to jump through to get that fancy white coat."
"We aren't here to talk about me, Ms. Malloy," says Tully, fixing her brown eyes on me. "We are here to talk about you."
"But of course." I cross my legs and take out a cigarette. I light it and offer one to the Good Doctor.
"No thank you," she says.
"Ha! No one smokes anymore," I chuckle. "It's depressing."
"An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way."
"And by the way, dearie, your punctuation sucks canal water!"
-The ghost of Vivian Vance
- Send Your Characters to Therapy (Kicking and Screaming) - Viola Eponine Sep 17 2012, 12:39:59 PM
- Re: Send Your Characters to Therapy (Kicking and Screaming) - Mercy Joy Sep 20 2012, 5:09:11 PM
- Introducing: Jules Villeneuve - La Reina Sep 20 2012, 8:01:56 AM
- Parker - ClementineFox7 Sep 19 2012, 4:41:15 PM
- Ovid opened the door to the small office... - Parfaitcheri Sep 19 2012, 1:05:34 PM
- Anger Management with Thea Campbell! - lakin5 Sep 18 2012, 9:39:26 PM
- Ladies and gentlemen, Ms. Verna Malloy - Billina Sep 18 2012, 7:42:01 PM
- Mr. Ethanson visits the alienist - MoonAgeDaydreamer Sep 18 2012, 2:20:45 PM
- July at the shrink's - Fiammetta Sep 18 2012, 12:41:06 PM
- Dia Tiernan... - Viola Eponine Sep 18 2012, 6:52:14 AM
- Introducing Martin - Etoile Sep 17 2012, 3:12:44 PM