these are turning out longer than I meant haha
Ovid replied immediately, not even needing to think of his response to her first question, "Of course I wouldn't. You don't mourn two separate people in the same way. You mourn them each differently based on the effect they had on your life. Though that answer was obvious enough so I assume this is leading somewhere.
"And I've already planned for my own death. There is a very clear line of succession. I was smart enough to skip over my friends who helped me create my organization. They might be apt enough leaders but we're all the same age. A company needs leadership stability, not a new leader every three to four years. And I imagine any of the people I've picked could stave off another war, its why I picked them. But things don't always go as planned. If they did it right they could keep the peace, but its very hard to get it right.
"But, I do what I do because without me, things would be worse. I'm part of a minority group you see, one that was extremely oppressed before I formed my organization. Changing the public opinion of us has been no easy feat but its gotten better. Don't met me wrong here, I'm not the 'for the good of the people' sort. The hatred and in-fighting and prejudice made my country weak, took away resources and left countless of otherwise useful people dead. There was no point to it. If we kept fighting we would've destroyed ourselves, no invading countries needed. So I brokered a peace between my people and everyone else. Its somewhat shaky but we're stronger for it. I keep going because even though I picked some fine people to be my possible successors depending on a variety of situations... someone else might get it wrong. I'm not afraid of relinquishing control of my organization, I just know that I know how to get it right. And those people, apt as they are, aren't me. They might get it wrong, through no fault of their own, but I need to prepare in case they do."
- Send Your Characters to Therapy (Kicking and Screaming) - Viola Eponine Sep 17 2012, 12:39:59 PM
- Re: Send Your Characters to Therapy (Kicking and Screaming) - Mercy Joy Sep 20 2012, 5:09:11 PM
- Introducing: Jules Villeneuve - La Reina Sep 20 2012, 8:01:56 AM
- Parker - ClementineFox7 Sep 19 2012, 4:41:15 PM
- Ovid opened the door to the small office... - Parfaitcheri Sep 19 2012, 1:05:34 PM
- Anger Management with Thea Campbell! - lakin5 Sep 18 2012, 9:39:26 PM
- Ladies and gentlemen, Ms. Verna Malloy - Billina Sep 18 2012, 7:42:01 PM
- Mr. Ethanson visits the alienist - MoonAgeDaydreamer Sep 18 2012, 2:20:45 PM
- July at the shrink's - Fiammetta Sep 18 2012, 12:41:06 PM
- Dia Tiernan... - Viola Eponine Sep 18 2012, 6:52:14 AM
- Introducing Martin - Etoile Sep 17 2012, 3:12:44 PM