||glaucous (Authenticated as glaucous)
||April 27, 2012 at 4:22:05 PM
||Re: Shylock by Nyx
Ok, I'm not really arguing the negative connotation; I'm trying to understand the extremity of the reaction. Because in my mind it doesn't really connect.
Hitler was real; he lived 70 years ago.
Shylock was fictional; he was created 400 years ago.
Hitler persecuted millions of Jews.
Shylock was a Jew who argued for his own humanity.
Yes, Shylock was portrayed as a villain, but he lived in an obviously prejudiced society...
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Shylock - glaucous Apr 27 2012, 2:30:05 PM
- Re: Shylock - ACL Apr 27 2012, 5:21:47 PM
- no (m) - RoxStar Apr 27 2012, 4:11:45 PM
- Re: no (m) - glaucous Apr 27 2012, 4:32:14 PM
- Uh - PantheraVirgo Apr 30 2012, 3:43:55 PM
- Re: Shylock - Nyx Apr 27 2012, 3:10:05 PM
- Re: Shylock - Calla Apr 27 2012, 2:36:53 PM