||Re: Thoughts on Manon?
||Lily (Authenticated as Destry)
||May 12, 2012 at 10:54:56 PM
||Thoughts on Manon? by coldplayer9
I wouldn't use it in the US. I speak French and have never heard anyone in the US pronounce Manon correctly. I know several because it's super common in France. One went to school with me. Her name got butchered into MANN-nonng, MAN-yong, MAH-nyong. Her dad is German and her mom Korean.
And no, it is definitely not rhyming with Shannon. I mean if you want to use that pronunciation it's fine with me but it's not the correct French pr. Try to listen to an audio file or something, it's hard to explain. The first part sounds like MAH, the second syllable like NAW (but it doesn't really come very close, it is a sound I can't explain. mah-naw, mah-no (don't open your mouth wide when you say the O) or mah-nawn would be as close as I can get).
This message was edited by the author on May 12, 2012 at 11:00:31 PM
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Thoughts on Manon? - coldplayer9 May 12 2012, 10:01:43 PM
- Re: Thoughts on Manon? - insane romantic May 14 2012, 9:24:12 AM
- Re: Thoughts on Manon? - Mackandal May 14 2012, 6:57:04 AM
- Listen to it here: - thetxbelle May 13 2012, 11:19:56 PM
- Re: Thoughts on Manon? - Pie May 13 2012, 11:22:18 AM
- it's not pronounced like Shannon... - RoxStar May 13 2012, 5:10:47 AM
- Re: Thoughts on Manon? - Eva Marie May 13 2012, 3:25:56 AM
- Re: Thoughts on Manon? - Ana May 13 2012, 12:26:07 AM
- Re: Thoughts on Manon? - mirfak May 12 2012, 11:30:49 PM
- Re: Thoughts on Manon? - wbbuff May 12 2012, 10:56:41 PM
- Re: Thoughts on Manon? - Lily May 12 2012, 10:54:56 PM