||mirfak (Authenticated as mirfak)
||May 13, 2012 at 10:57:53 AM
||Barbara by queenv
I've never liked it. I used to think it was dated on Barbie the doll. In the seventies, when I was a little kid. I would wonder, why on earth would they give this supposedly young hip cute doll such a square name? Could there even be a clunkier name? So many bad sound associations, no good ones.
I'm Bawbwa Waltuzz for ABC...
I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have liked it if I'd been born in 1910, either.
If I try to imagine it in a likeable light, I guess it must have seemed clear and strong and practical and prepared, like Joan, Margaret, or Carol. In 1938 the parent generation had just gotten through the Depression, right? So softness and frills were maybe not their style... I dunno.
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Barbara - queenv May 13 2012, 10:28:17 AM
- Re: Barbara - Tassiegirl May 14 2012, 7:04:06 PM
- Re: Barbara - insane romantic May 14 2012, 9:16:55 AM
- Re: Barbara - Ranchie May 14 2012, 6:03:21 AM
- Re: Barbara - Elena May 14 2012, 4:31:57 AM
- Re: Barbara - Anneza May 14 2012, 12:04:47 AM
- Re: Barbara - humblebee May 13 2012, 8:40:09 PM
- Re: Barbara - Gracie May 13 2012, 7:50:58 PM
- Re: Barbara - Dita May 13 2012, 5:23:35 PM
- Re: Barbara - RoxStar May 13 2012, 4:28:08 PM
- Re: Barbara - Violet May 13 2012, 3:19:26 PM
- Re: Barbara - Kelly R. May 13 2012, 2:13:27 PM
- Re: Barbara - Lily May 13 2012, 2:03:07 PM
- Re: Barbara - kudriashkajo May 13 2012, 1:29:52 PM
- Re: Barbara - Sofia May 13 2012, 12:51:26 PM
- Re: Barbara - Llewella May 13 2012, 12:09:02 PM
- Re: Barbara - Pie May 13 2012, 11:45:10 AM
- Re: Barbara - mirfak May 13 2012, 10:57:53 AM