||Re: Rate these names
||queenv (guest, 184.108.40.206)
||May 20, 2012 at 9:30:46 AM
||Rate these names by PrincessLeia
Clara---5. I like the fact that it has a real nineteenth century flavor and that it's underused now, and it can make a fresh alternative to Claire, but there's something a little dowdy about it.
Zoe---7. Good name, but it's gotten just a little too popular, and is subject to gross spelling variations such as Zoey. A few weeks ago, I met a baby Zoey. But why why why Zoey and not Zoe? I'm just not seeing the Zoe spelling as a problem, if anyone thinks it's ZO to rhyme with toe, it's easily corrected. This whole issue actually makes me like Zoe a little less than I would otherwise.
Hazel--7. It's cute and it brings to mind a twenties flapper and it deserves a comeback, which it seems to be getting, but you never know, it may stall where it is.
Phoebe--1. I think it's horrible. FEEE-BEEE. I'm not getting it.
Vera--6. Not too overused and has a twenties flavor, like Hazel. I tend to like girls' names that start with a V, but there are other V names I like more.
Claudia--10. I've always loved Claudia.
Evelyn--3. It's not ugly, but has a dowdy feel to me.
Georgia--2. I think it sounds clunky and heavy and I don't like it.
Isla---3. It sounds insubstantial.
Zinna---3. Sounds close to Zinnia, and Zinnia is comical.
Simon--7. It's nice.
Theodore--1. I don't like it. Sounds like a nerd. The nickname Ted is a big improvement.
Henry---3. I just can't like Henry, in spite of its impeccable history. It sounds like a fat old man. I do love Harry, which started out as and can still be a nickname for Henry. Princess Di made the right call on that one.
Noah--2. I just don't like the way that Noah sounds, but it's old and Biblical which keeps it from being a 1.
Leo--I'm going with 6. Years ago, I would have hated it and said it sounds like an old man, but now my grandson is called Leo which has made me like it more and see it as rather fresh and jaunty, but it's still not something I ever would have used myself.
Ezekiel--1. I just can't take this seriously as the name of a modern child.
Luke--10. I've always loved this name.
Max---10. Always loved this too, might have called a second son Max, but his full name would have been Maxwell. I prefer Max as a nickname.
Oliver---5. I kind of like it, but it does bring to mind a fat kid with glasses.
Samuel---10. I love this name, the fact that I know it was the name of some ancestors of mine makes it better.
Levi--5. It's not terrible, but it kind of irks me for some reason. I think of jeans.
Zane---1. I hate this with a passion. This is the name of my ex-son-in-law's girlfriend's five-year-old son. I hate it in exactly the same way I hate Brandon. It wants to take you by the throat, shake you, and say, "I am Zane! I am a ruggedly handsome cowboy! You WILL be bowled over by my masculinity! You WILL feel your knees go weak at the sound of me because I am so sexy in such a decidedly masculine way! I am Zane, I tell you! Love me!"
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Rate these names - PrincessLeia May 20 2012, 9:02:30 AM
- Re: Rate these names - littleRainbow May 22 2012, 7:51:40 AM
- Re: Rate these names - Crista May 21 2012, 12:04:02 PM
- Re: Rate these names - Teacups May 20 2012, 6:55:37 PM
- Re: Rate these names - Violet May 20 2012, 6:15:12 PM
- Re: Rate these names - SJayne May 20 2012, 5:49:50 PM
- Re: Rate these names - Ludwig May 20 2012, 3:11:02 PM
- Re: Rate these names - the dying daylight May 20 2012, 12:35:30 PM
- Re: Rate these names - November May 20 2012, 12:13:27 PM
- Re: Rate these names - queenv May 20 2012, 10:13:32 AM
- Re: Rate these names - mirfak May 20 2012, 10:07:24 AM
- Re: Rate these names - Becki May 20 2012, 10:00:26 AM
- Re: Rate these names - Kyrandia May 20 2012, 9:49:03 AM
- Re: Rate these names - Lumiereslove May 20 2012, 9:31:43 AM
- Re: Rate these names - queenv May 20 2012, 9:30:46 AM
- Re: Rate these names - Lily May 20 2012, 9:12:20 AM
- Re: Rate these names - UniqueNameLover May 20 2012, 9:09:51 AM