||mirfak (Authenticated as mirfak)
||May 25, 2012 at 11:38:00 AM
||Re: dated? by queenv
Heh. I don't really mind that people think my name is old lady and dated. Even though I'm not as old as it seems. It seems appropriate somehow... if we're young enough not to "get" the appeal of my name (and I am!), then that says more about us, than about me or the name. It's just interesting. I don't really think people would see me as more interesting or sympathetic if my name were something currently appealing instead of dated. But I don't happen to like my name much, regardless. The sound, the look. Never have.
I think I dislike Hazel because it is associated, semi-consciously, with witch-hazel. Which has nothing to do with hags, yet somehow ... the hag image comes to mind, something about the sounds in the word. I dunno. There's nothing wrong with the name, it's just not aesthetically pleasing to me.
I love Linda! I guess I care less about datedness than most people do.
I know my daughter's name will probably seem dated but I really don't give a rip. It doesn't hurt that bad. It's sort of exasperating when you're 20 and your name sounds 40, but when you're 30 and your name sounds 30, sfw. Weird to have a name that sounds 5 when you're 30 instead - not bad, but not particularly appealing either. About the same as having a name that sounds 50 when you're 15? haha
Calanthia would be a nifty name to use.
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Kaydence Sullivan - Natty May 24 2012, 3:30:18 PM
- Re: Kaydence Sullivan - Lily May 25 2012, 10:30:58 AM
- Re: Kaydence Sullivan - Ranchie May 25 2012, 8:27:49 AM
- Re: Kaydence Sullivan - ninjato May 25 2012, 7:03:49 AM
- Re: Kaydence Sullivan - insane romantic May 25 2012, 2:47:41 AM
- Re: Kaydence Sullivan - UniqueNameLover May 25 2012, 1:24:24 AM
- Re: Kaydence Sullivan - Shiply May 24 2012, 5:59:34 PM
- Re: Kaydence Sullivan - kudriashkajo May 24 2012, 4:09:34 PM
- Re: Kaydence Sullivan - Teacups May 24 2012, 4:06:16 PM
- Re: Kaydence Sullivan - Alcyone May 24 2012, 3:51:55 PM
- Re: Kaydence Sullivan - SJayne May 24 2012, 3:38:36 PM