Here in Finland there are a few laws for giving names, sure. I don't know what they are exactly, but I do know that
1. kids can't be given the same name as their siblings or half-siblings
2. a boy can't have a girl's name and the other way around
3. ridiculous names aren't allowed - the priest decides what's a ridiculous name, I guess.
4. last names aren't allowed either, of course. There aren't many Finnish names that can be used as both first and last names.
5. kids can't be given foreign first names if there's no good reason for it.
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|