||Re: meaning of the name
||Daividh (guest, 22.214.171.124)
||September 10, 2002 at 6:49:04 PM
||meaning of the name by Kenton Lord
Kenton derives from an English placename. Take your pick of the following:
1) Town in Devon. Earliest reference "Chentone",1086 - "farmstead on the River Kenn".
2) Town in Greater London. Earliest reference "Keninton", 1232 - "estate associated with a man named Cena".
3) Town in Suffolk. Earliest reference "Chenetuna", 1086 - probably "royal manor", altho first element may refer to "a man named Cena". (History doesn't record whether the Chenetuna was packed in oil or spring water...)
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- meaning of the name - Kenton Lord Sep 10 2002, 3:25:10 PM
- Re: meaning of the name - Daividh Sep 10 2002, 6:49:04 PM