||Re: Teagan, prn.?
||erika kirsten (guest, 220.127.116.11)
||April 25, 2008 at 4:36:50 PM
||Teagan, prn.? by CN
My daughters name is Teagan. After much research, I found that it is derived from the name Tadhg which is prn. TAYG,therefore the diminutive form would be prn. Tay-gen.In fact an older woman from Ireland whom I work with agreed this was the correct way to pronounce it.I think people see the first three letters and say tea like the beverage.When people argue with me, I remind them it rhymes with Reagan,the T instead of R doesn't change the pronounciation!Also the spelling Tegan(as someone pointed out) comes from the unrelated(female) welsh name Tegwen meaning 'beautiful,attractive' so while Teagan is a unisex name Tegan is strictly feminine . I hope this helps!
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Teagan, prn.? - CN Apr 20 2008, 10:16:23 AM
- Re: Teagan, prn.? - erika kirsten Apr 25 2008, 4:36:50 PM
- Re: Teagan, prn.? - Pam Apr 24 2008, 12:25:33 PM
- Re: Teagan, prn.? - Miranda Apr 23 2008, 5:01:13 PM
- Re: Teagan, prn.? - penguiny7 Apr 21 2008, 5:47:14 AM
- Re: Teagan, prn.? - Tempestgirl Apr 20 2008, 4:25:30 PM
- Re: Teagan, prn.? - Charlie Blue Apr 20 2008, 12:41:49 PM