||Anneza (Authenticated as Anneza)
||September 22, 2011 at 5:52:22 AM
||Depreece by Evantastic
Not info exactly ... but I was at school with a girl (also respectable!) named Duprecia (dyou PREE sha) whose name I take to be a feminised surname. There are a good number of people with French surnames in South Africa - we owe our wine industry to their ancestors, the Huguenots - and this one would be Du Pré in French but Du Preez here.
It isn't much of a stride from Du Preez to Depreece, though the -z on Du Preez is silent. But that didn't stop Duprecia's parents!
Oh, and Pré = Meadow in French, to my knowledge.
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Depreece - Evantastic Sep 21 2011, 6:54:16 PM
- Re: Depreece - LH Oct 7 2011, 10:11:43 PM
- Re: Depreece - Mackandal Sep 22 2011, 10:06:51 AM
- Re: Depreece - Cleveland Kent Evans Sep 22 2011, 8:06:39 AM
- Re: Depreece - Anneza Sep 22 2011, 5:52:22 AM