It amuses me ... but then, I've never (or nevaeh, depending on how posh one is) met one; no doubt it will surface in darkest Africa, but so far we've been lucky.
What amuses me is the way the same kind of seriously fundamentalist evangelical people who get so exercised about hidden messages of evil accessed by playing rock songs backwards are the very ones to use Nevaeh. But, there's nothing in the rules to say that people have to be consistent in their beliefs and behaviours.
I'd see it, if challenged, as the same kind of "name" as Eden and Avalon: the sense of wanting a better place somewhere else, and then pinning that expectation on a child. Bleak.
By the way, who or which or why or what is Cribs? I'm feeling foreign this morning!
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Just talked to the NY Times about... - Mike C May 15 2006, 5:43:21 PM
- Mike C - the article made the Washingon Post, too - Siri May 22 2006, 12:33:36 PM
- Re: Just talked to the NY Times about... - Andrew May 19 2006, 1:38:43 PM
- My Overall Impressions of the Name - Lala May 18 2006, 5:06:38 PM
- Re: The article appears: - Cleveland Kent Evans May 18 2006, 10:38:18 AM
- Re: Just talked to the NY Times about... - Mike C May 17 2006, 4:41:23 PM
- We get too overwrought about it; it's the GP name of the masses; so what? - Lillian May 17 2006, 12:46:35 PM
- Re: Just talked to the NY Times about... - Keepskuh May 17 2006, 11:36:27 AM
- Talking about name anagrams of "heaven"... - Pavlos May 17 2006, 5:39:36 AM
- Re: Just talked to the NY Times about... - ADT May 16 2006, 11:58:20 AM
- "Very American" was my first reacton to Nevaeh - Ylva May 16 2006, 10:38:26 AM
- Re: Just talked to the NY Times about... - Cleveland Kent Evans May 16 2006, 9:46:54 AM
- Re: Just talked to the NY Times about... - Anneza May 15 2006, 11:02:32 PM
- Re: - mirfak May 16 2006, 10:42:29 AM
- I do have an opinion... - little_kit May 15 2006, 8:49:57 PM
- You're getting famous... - Siri May 15 2006, 6:30:08 PM