|Subject:||ATTC: Andy Jewish name|
|Author:||Miss Claire (Authenticated as Miss Claire)|
|Date:||August 30, 2004 at 7:29:57 PM|
You asked what would be your Hebrew name.
Well… I think it depends.
1) If you were born Jewish:
- the Jewish name of your grandfather (or great grandfather)
- a name starting with the same initial: Asher, Aharon…
- a name sounding a bit alike: Dror…
- a name with the same meaning: Adam?
2) If you converted to Judaism: in theory you can chose any name you want, but in fact you’re told it’s better to chose the name of a very great person. Probably Abraham, since your name begins with a “A”.
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
|Messages in this thread:|
|Home : Boards : Name Facts Message Board : Archives : August 2004||
Copyright © |