||Nanaea (Authenticated as Nanaea)
||August 15, 2001 at 5:20:59 AM
||meaning by Minta
There are three possible origins and meanings to the name "Minta".
1. From the Greek, "Minthe", meaning the aromatic plant known as "mint".
2. One source I found claims that the name is Teutonic, supposedly meaning "remembered with love".
3. "Minta" first appeared in the 1860s as a short form "Araminta", a name invented by the 18th century English playwright, Sir John Vanbrugh, for his comedy *The Confederacy*.
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- meaning - Minta Aug 15 2001, 3:09:31 AM
- Re: meaning - Nanaea Aug 15 2001, 5:20:59 AM