...sorry, just couldnt resist :P
A Google search yielded very few sketchy clues:
1. Laken appears to be more frequent as a surname than as a first name in the Anglosaxon world.
2. According to untrystworthy sites (eg. Kabalarians) Laken is also a boys name.
3. According to a French site, Laken is one of the *least* popular names in France
: only 40 people were girls were given the name during the 20th century.
4. *Laken* appears to be a ritzy 'burb of Brussels, where most of the royalty lives.
5. A *Laken* was some sort of military regiment in Imperial Ethiopia (King Selassie rulez!! -- err he did before being slaughtered anyways-- Jah love!).