Latest Comments Added

ALLEGRA  added 1/20/2017 2:34 AM by Anonymous User
http://PharmHint.com -formulary with built-in search engine / tool

PharmHint.com is online formulary with built-in search engine / tool.

The selection of drugs for indications,contraindications,side effects,drug interactions,the form of release ...
More than 3000 medications.
With PharmHint.com You can find a cheap analog,substitute,dzheynerik.

Instructions,Indications,Contraindications,Composition,Side effects,analogs,Dosage and administration,Overdose,Drug interactions,Pharmacotherapeutic group,Chemical name,Pharmacokinetics,Pharmacological action,Warnings,Cautions,Information for Patients,Release forms,Storage conditions,Handling,Shelf life
-- Anonymous User  1/20/2017

DECLAN  added 1/20/2017 1:58 AM by carlosorjp
Hello, all.

As soon as I came across this name reading something (I've already forgotten what it was) on the Internet a little earlier tonight, I had this intense flash of a memory of a movie (or TV show) character with the name Declan. I also remember that a main female character in the movie--I'm thinking she was the lead--uttered his name a lot, and I recall thinking how unusual the name was but also that I liked it. The only trouble is, I can't seem to remember the name of the show (or, indeed, anything else about it)! I've tried doing some Google searches based on what I can remember, but that hasn't led me to the show--and the character--I'm thinking of. I tried just doing an image search, as well, but almost all of the results show the same guy over and over again, and it's not the guy I'm thinking of. I keep thinking the guy was blonde, but I'm not 100% of that. I also must admit I remember thinking, despite myself, that the guy was rather handsome (although, if the Google image hits I got from searching for my particular fictional "Declan" are any indication, it seems they all are). The other things I believe are that he seemed to have a close relationship--maybe a romantic relationship--with the female character who uttered his name a lot; they may have even been the two lead characters in the show, and the show had a sci fi/fantasy theme (or at least that's very likely, because I watch a great many such shows). My guesses--all wrong--so far were: I AM NUMBER FOUR, DIVERGENT, THE HUNGER GAMES, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER, ANGEL, PUSH, and UNDERWORLD.

If anybody here could be of any help in solving this dilemma for me, I would be very grateful to you!

All my best,
Carlos JP
-- carlosorjp  1/20/2017

FERNAND  added 1/20/2017 1:47 AM by Anonymous User
Fernand Labori (1860-1917) was a famous French lawyer.
-- Anonymous User  1/20/2017

EDGAR  added 1/20/2017 1:45 AM by Maxine J. Rolland
Edgar Demange (1841-1925) was a famous French lawyer.
-- Maxine J. Rolland  1/20/2017

KAI (3)  added 1/20/2017 1:33 AM by Kaibot2000
In the Hawaiian language, In addition to Kai (meaning Sea Water, as opposed to Wai meaning Fresh Water) being a very popular "Stand Alone" name (primarily for Males, but also for Females), it is also often used as an abbreviated name or "Nickname" for other traditional Hawaiian names, such as:

Males- Kainoa, Kaikona, & Kaipo

Females- Kailani, & Kaiwana
-- Kaibot2000  1/20/2017

BASTIAN  added 1/19/2017 7:37 PM by lilolaf
Bastian Schweinsteiger is a German professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for English club Manchester United. A right-footed player, he usually plays as central midfielder. Earlier in his career, he primarily played as a wide midfielder.
-- lilolaf  1/19/2017

GIOVANNI  added 1/19/2017 7:25 PM by lilolaf
Giovanni Moreno is a Colombian footballer who plays for and captains Chinese Super League club Shanghai Greenland Shenhua where he primarily operates as an attacking midfielder.
-- lilolaf  1/19/2017

CINDERELLA  added 1/19/2017 7:11 PM by Anonymous User
I would not suggest naming your child Cinderella, since she would get bullied. Maybe Cinderella for a middle name.
I think it's a very pretty name, however.
-- Anonymous User  1/19/2017

BEN (1)  added 1/19/2017 6:53 PM by lovehermionegranger
This reminds me of the ice cream shop named Ben and Jerry. The ice cream there is wonderful. This resembles most Ben's I know, sweet and wonderful.
-- lovehermionegranger  1/19/2017

RAINBOW  added 1/19/2017 4:46 PM by lilolaf
12 baby girls born in the USA (2015) were given Rainbow.
-- lilolaf  1/19/2017

SEAN  added 1/19/2017 4:24 PM by Sean790
I love being a sean. I√e always loved my name and wouldnt change it for the world. All Sean's are leaders, whether they know it or not.. By the way our name is NOT pronounced "Seen". It is not funny, and weve heard it before. Everyone, have an awesome day!!!
-- Sean790  1/19/2017

LUCY  added 1/19/2017 1:23 PM by tiotio-que
Lucy is the best name ever. I am a Lucy and I love it. The name DOEs age well and it isn't a little girl's name. :D
-- tiotio-que  1/19/2017

ELISHA  added 1/19/2017 11:45 AM by Anonymous User
Some of the comments here are a little intense. If you don't like it you don't like it. Don't waste such passion and intensity on something so silly.
My name is Elisha, by the way, and yes, I am female. (It is pronounced like "Alicia", uh-lee-shuh.) It's not such a huge deal. Forget the "it sounds too" this or "it sounds too" that. The meaning of a name is the most important part and the meaning of Elisha in both its male and female versions is great. "God is my salvation"; "ornament"; "brightness" (Hebrew); "protected by God" (Sanskrit); "of a noble kind"; "noble"; "honorable" (Germanic); and so many more...
-- Anonymous User  1/19/2017

CROFTON  added 1/19/2017 10:33 AM by erb816
This might legitimately be the snobbiest name I've ever seen (as a first name)! Just... your nose has to go up in the air when you say it!
-- erb816  1/19/2017

FRANÇOIS  added 1/19/2017 10:01 AM by Maxine J. Rolland
François Mauriac (1885-1970) was a French writer awarded the Nobel Prize of Literature in 1952.
-- Maxine J. Rolland  1/19/2017

HENRY  added 1/19/2017 9:58 AM by Maxine J. Rolland
Henry Bordeaux (1870-1963) was a French writer member of the “Académie française” (French Academy).
-- Maxine J. Rolland  1/19/2017

EUGÈNE  added 1/19/2017 9:47 AM by Maxine J. Rolland
Eugène Dieudonné (1884-1944) was a French criminal and anarchist, member of the “Bonnot Band”.
-- Maxine J. Rolland  1/19/2017

SACHA  added 1/19/2017 9:44 AM by Anonymous User
Sacha Briquet (1930-2010) was a French actor. He was born as Alexandre Édouard Albert Briquet.
-- Anonymous User  1/19/2017

PIA  added 1/19/2017 7:02 AM by Sweet
My name is Pia and as far as I'm concerned, Pie-ah is the correct pronunciation. That is my given name and I love it and outside of a small amount of teasing in grade school, I always get a favorable response to it. The nastiest comments I've ever seen about my name are on this thread. By other Pia's claiming the PEE way is "the correct pronunciation." Oh please. You don't own the name. You own your pronunciation as Pee-ah, and that's fine. You should be called what you want without judgment. But my name is Pia, as Pie-ah. Please respect mine, as I respect yours. The world is big enough for us both to exist.
-- Sweet  1/19/2017

LILLIAN  added 1/19/2017 5:49 AM by Frahn17
My middle name is Lillian, which I have always hated but I am gradually starting to be pleased about. My mother's middle name was Lillian, her best friend was Lillian, and my grandmother-in-law's first name was Lillian. With all that in mind, my daughter has just had a baby girl and named her Scout Lillian, which I really like as a combination. Strong, cheeky name combined with sweet, feminine name. I agree with everyone who says that Lily is becoming too common - but ideally it should be spelled Lily like the flower, rather than Lilly.
-- Frahn17  1/19/2017

SCOUT  added 1/19/2017 5:33 AM by Frahn17
My daughter has a week-old baby daughter named Scout Lillian - she and her hubby already have a son named Hudson. They did not know the sex of this baby, and when discussing names the only girls' name they both liked at all was Scout. It took some courage to actually name her, because they knew it was unusual, but as it was the only name they liked, they had to go for it! I love it.
-- Frahn17  1/19/2017

MARIN  added 1/18/2017 11:29 PM by paunovm
This is my given name, quite typical though not among the most frequent names in Bulgaria (also Croatia, Serbia, Roumania...) The accent here is on the second syllable, with a short 'e': Ma-RIN (rhymes with Pauline). I have always found it a little annoying all over the rest of Europe and in USA when my name is accepted as solely and clearly feminine (usually with an 'e' at the end: Marine), which is a female name in France, for example. However, the origin of the name is not in 'SEA', which is a later Christianised (Latin) interpretation, but in far more ancient Miriam - Myriam - Mariam (where Maria or Mary comes from as well). It is derived most probably either from Hebrew, where it may mean "wished-for child" (and other things), or from Egyptian MYR "beloved" or MR "love". Therefore, most probably this name generally has to do with LOVE, although its roots remain unclear and there are other theories as well. In fact, I came here to learn more, but probably my comment will be helpful to others. Finally, the name doesn't make the human being, it is vice-versa. :)
-- paunovm  1/18/2017

KIT  added 1/18/2017 11:25 PM by Kit Dun
My name is Kit and I love my name! I'm female, but I believe that the name can be used for anyone, regardless of gender.
-- Kit Dun  1/18/2017

ASHLEY  added 1/18/2017 10:16 PM by Giairo
This is my favorite name for a boy because it will always remind me of the honorable Ashley Wilkes. I could never imagine naming a girl Ashley, it would be revolting to me to give a girl such a masculine name.
-- Giairo  1/18/2017

KARSTEN  added 1/18/2017 8:32 PM by Lucille
As the website below shows, the name Karsten is also in use in Finland and Sweden. It is rare there, however - especially when compared to the prevalence of the name in Denmark and Norway.

- https://www.nordicnames.de/wiki/Karsten (in English)

With that said, Karsten (also spelled as Carsten) is also a Frisian masculine name. The etymology is the same in Frisian, i.e. it is ultimately derived from Christian. Karsten tends to be the more common spelling in West Frisian, though Carsten is certainly also seen. In North Frisian, Carsten appears to be the more common spelling instead.

- http://www.meertens.knaw.nl/nvb/naam/is/Karsten (in Dutch)
- see pages 76 and 143 of the book "Fryske foarnammen / Friese voornamen" written by Rienk de Haan
- see page 209 of "Friesche Naamlijst (Onomasticon Frisicum)" written by Johan Winkler (in 1898): http://images.tresoar.nl/wumkes/pdf/WinklerJ_FriescheNaamlijst.pdf (in somewhat archaic Dutch) and http://www.wumkes.nl/index.php?volg=8&id=95 (in Dutch; click on the red-coloured word "document" in order to download the PDF-file)
- "Rufnamen auf den Inseln Föhr, Amrum und Sylt von ca. 1600 bis 1900" (männlich): http://www.amtfa.de/friesVornm.pdf (in German)
- https://nl.linkedin.com/pub/dir/Karsten/+/nl-0-Nederland (lists only bearers living in the Netherlands).
-- Lucille  1/18/2017

KERENSA  added 1/18/2017 7:46 PM by Jiinxsay
Firstly I would like to say that my very dearest friend is named Kerensa, her nickname
is Keri, & online she spells her name, "Kere".

I've wanted to change my name my entire life. My new name (somewhat long) is going to
include Kerensah OR Kayrenzah for one of my middle names.

The other point I wanted to make was, it showed the pronunciation as, Pronounced
kə-REN-zə. I should be well-versed & know what the upside-down "e" means, alas, I
do not. My pronunciation is; (pn; kuh-REN-suh), the capital letters are the dominant
Syllable.
-- Jiinxsay  1/18/2017

ANTONINA  added 1/18/2017 6:17 PM by DundiculutNicholas
I love this name a lot! So elegant and pretty sounding. My 3rd Great-grandmother's name was Antonina.
-- DundiculutNicholas  1/18/2017

SHANNON  added 1/18/2017 6:15 PM by DundiculutNicholas
Shannon Hoon (1967-1995), lead singer of the band Blind Melon.
-- DundiculutNicholas  1/18/2017

JULIE  added 1/18/2017 5:53 PM by Anonymous User
My name is Julie, and my middle name is Anne. When I was younger, I disliked my name and usually asked Mother if I could go by Julianne. She said no, but now, I am glad I did not use that nickname. I really enjoy my name now, I think that it fits my happy nature perfectly.
-- Anonymous User  1/18/2017

HAYDEN  added 1/18/2017 5:17 PM by cutenose
Hayden Knight is a retired Trinidad-American soccer defender and current high school soccer coach. He earned three caps with the United States men's national soccer team in 1984.
-- cutenose  1/18/2017

AGATHA  added 1/18/2017 5:12 PM by DundiculutNicholas
I think this name is beautiful!
-- DundiculutNicholas  1/18/2017

NEMANJA  added 1/18/2017 5:07 PM by cutenose
Nemanja Vidić is a retired Serbian professional footballer. He was part of the Serbian national team from 2002 to 2011. After establishing himself at Red Star Belgrade during the early 2000s, Vidić moved to Spartak Moscow in the summer of 2004. He further increased his reputation when he was part of the "Famous Four" Serbian national team defence that conceded just one goal during the 2006 FIFA World Cup qualification campaign. He would later sign for Manchester United for around £7 million in January 2006, before establishing a prominent defensive partnership with Rio Ferdinand the following season, and earning a reputation as one of the world's best centre-backs, due to his defensive consistency and awareness, as well as his strength, leadership, and ability in the air. He left Manchester United at the end of his contract in July 2014, joining Inter on a free transfer.
-- cutenose  1/18/2017

JANNAH  added 1/18/2017 4:46 PM by Anonymous User
Jannah is the Islamic concept of paradise or heaven. In Arabic and Urdu, Jannah means "Garden".
-- Anonymous User  1/18/2017

ADOLF  added 1/18/2017 4:36 PM by cutenose
In 1890, Adolf was in thirteenth place in Germany. (Source: http://www.beliebte-vornamen.de/jahrgang/j1890).
-- cutenose  1/18/2017

BEN (1)  added 1/18/2017 4:33 PM by cutenose
This is the #1 place name currently in Germany for males. (source: http://www.beliebte-vornamen.de/jahrgang/j2016).
-- cutenose  1/18/2017

ANNIKA  added 1/18/2017 2:58 PM by Annika Quednau
My name is Annika. For a while when I was younger I disliked my name (due to teasing in school). But as I have grown older and learned the meaning behind my name, I feel very privileged to have such a beautiful and rare name. There aren't many with the name Annika where I'm from.
-- Annika Quednau  1/18/2017

EMILY  added 1/18/2017 2:51 PM by Anonymous User
I honestly think the name Emily is perfectly okay. Sounds a bit classic. Someone might really like that name. We all have a difference in opinion, and that is just how life will always be. Whoever has this name, if this name is what you want, don't let anyone tell you to think differently.
-- Anonymous User  1/18/2017

KAI (1)  added 1/18/2017 2:28 PM by Strangak
It was Kai in Hans Christian Anderson's The Snow Queen. He was the little boy who had shards of glass land in his eye and his heart, and he was kidnapped by the Snow Queen. His friend Gerda went to rescue him. It's a great story.
-- Strangak  1/18/2017

KWABENA  added 1/18/2017 2:10 PM by lilolaf
Kwabena Agouda is a Ghanaian football (soccer) striker, currently plays for Hapoel Bnei Lod F.C..
-- lilolaf  1/18/2017

KWABENA  added 1/18/2017 2:09 PM by lilolaf
Kwabena Frimpong-Boateng is a Ghanaian physician and cardiothoracic surgeon who established the National Cardiothoracic Center and the Ghana Red Cross Society. He is also the President of the Ghana Heart Foundation and was the Chief Executive Officer of the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra.

A well-known figure in his country, Frimpong-Boateng was elected a Fellow of the Ghana Academy of Arts and Sciences in December 2002.
-- lilolaf  1/18/2017

BLANCHE  added 1/18/2017 1:57 PM by lilolaf
Blanche (born as: Ellie Delvaux) is a Belgian singer and songwriter. She will represent Belgium in the Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Ukraine. Blanche previously competed on season five of The Voice Belgique, where she was a member of Team Cats on Trees.
-- lilolaf  1/18/2017

SORAYA  added 1/18/2017 1:54 PM by lilolaf
Soraya Arnelas better known by her stage name Soraya, is a Spanish singer. Soraya represented Spain at the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 in Moscow, Russia with the song "La noche es para mí" finishing 23rd with 23 points.
-- lilolaf  1/18/2017

SORAYA  added 1/18/2017 1:53 PM by lilolaf
Soraya Moraes is a Brazilian gospel singer.

Moraes was born in São Paulo and sang in church as a child. Her professional career began in a band called Metanoya in 1992; their debut album, Guerra, was released in 1993. In 1998, she signed with Gospel Records as a solo artist, and her debut, Pensando em Deus, was released in 1999. Her 2004 release Deixa o Teu Rio Me Levar was awarded a Latin Grammy in 2005 for best Portuguese language Christian album. She also won four Troféu Talento awards.
-- lilolaf  1/18/2017

IGOR  added 1/18/2017 1:49 PM by lilolaf
Igor Smolnikov is a Russian footballer who plays for Zenit in the Russian Premier League.
-- lilolaf  1/18/2017

APHRODITE  added 1/18/2017 1:46 PM by lilolaf
16 baby girls born in the USA (2015) were given Aphrodite.
-- lilolaf  1/18/2017

GUINEVERE  added 1/18/2017 1:27 PM by erb816
This is among my favorite names right now, and it's a nickname goldmine: Gwen, Gwyn, Vera, etc. It's a queenly name that actually commands attention rather than just looking frilly. I like the combination Guinevere Elise.
-- erb816  1/18/2017

MASHA  added 1/18/2017 1:08 PM by Anonymous User
Speaking as a Jewish woman who is called Masha -- I was named after my great-grandmother -- I can confirm that it absolutely is not the feminine of Moshe.

People like to think that it is because it's regarded as a Yiddish name, even though it's not, and so they felt they had to give it some kind of Jewish connotation.

In actual fact, it's a name that was adopted by Yiddish from Russian, like many other Yiddish names were adapted from or were originally Russian, German or of other origin.

Masha is a Russian abbreviation for Maria. Maria = Miriam.
-- Anonymous User  1/18/2017

OFELIA  added 1/18/2017 12:24 PM by Anonymous User
Ofelia is a wonderful and poetic name. Although Ophelia has a more elegant writing, I prefer Ofelia's variation. I think Ofelia has a better sound to the ears.
-- Anonymous User  1/18/2017

DON  added 1/18/2017 11:41 AM by lilolaf
Don Lothario from The Sims 2, The Sims 3 and The Sims 4 is a bearer of this name.
-- lilolaf  1/18/2017