Latest Comments Added

ZAIRA  added 12/12/2017, 11:17:24 PM by Zaira
Means ‘pilgrim’ in arabic and persian. Female:zaira male:zair pilgrims:zaireen . Derived from the word Ziarat which means ‘pilgrimage’
Zaira  12/12/2017

ELYSIA  added 12/12/2017, 8:24:05 PM by XironDarkstar
I like the thought of the Elysium fields, and this name is pretty. I like how it seems modern, but it is not. Plus she can always be Ely or Sia.
XironDarkstar  12/12/2017

TEMPLE  added 12/12/2017, 8:19:39 PM by XironDarkstar
I love it on a girl, but not a boy. I also like Temperance and Tempest. Temple Grandin is personlly awesome, I saw her in a show and she was so intelligent and outspoken.
XironDarkstar  12/12/2017

TEMPEST  added 12/12/2017, 8:17:38 PM by XironDarkstar
Its a really pretty girl name, and so is Temple. Tempie is also a nice nickname.
XironDarkstar  12/12/2017

ANGELA  added 12/12/2017, 7:54:36 PM by thezenithofnadir
Angela Gossow! Former lead of Arch Enemy!
thezenithofnadir  12/12/2017

CYBELE  added 12/12/2017, 6:14:04 PM by XironDarkstar
I really like it now. I like the Belle sound, yet its so different from names common now like Isabella. Plus, the goddess is really cool and people won't immedietly associate the goddess to it.
XironDarkstar  12/12/2017

REINA (3)  added 12/12/2017, 5:17:29 PM by ShioTanbo1
This should be in the "Yandere Simulator Characters" subcategory, there is a teacher called Reina Nana in the game. -But on another note, I love the name. Not only is the spelling cute, but it can also be used in different cultures and can't be considered weird. A lot of Japanese names have comments like, "I would never use this name outside of Japan", but this name is obviously the exception and is incredibly adorable. I hope this comment helps.
ShioTanbo1  12/12/2017

SMITH  added 12/12/2017, 5:06:19 PM by Anonymous User
My name is shareece Barrett-Smith. I plan on changing my name to Shareece Smith and when God helps me get married to the man of his choice I will solely be Shareece Smith. There is power in the name Smith. Thanks to my father Urban Smith. God rest in heaven. He adopted when he named me that I was only 9 years old. I am grateful because he raised me well. He married my mother Alberta Barrett. I respect and forgive my mother and love and miss my father dearly. Rest in heaven Mr. Urban Smith your one and only daughter Shareece Barrett soon to be Shareece Smith engaged to Darrick Lee Harris's. Wedding next year
― Anonymous User  12/12/2017

HALEIGH  added 12/12/2017, 2:48:13 PM by Haleigh.funny fangir
My name is Haleigh, people always get it as haliegh and I hate it
Haleigh.funny fangir  12/12/2017

LUCILLE  added 12/12/2017, 1:00:24 PM by LucilleD22
My name is Lucille and I love it. I went by Luci as a child and now that I'm older I prefer to go by thw version that sounds more adult to me but they're both pretty names. I used to not like my name but I realized a while ago how pretty it sounds.
LucilleD22  12/12/2017

SONYA  added 12/12/2017, 12:26:12 PM by SonyaPJs
This is my name, and it's pronounced with the long 'O'. I personally hate it when people pronounce my name SAHN-YA. I can't stand for my name to be called that way. I'm glad that people ask how I spell and pronounce my name instead of assuming. It's spelled with a 'y' and it's pronounced with the long 'o'. The end. And I love my name! I feel it's unique and beautiful, and I especially love hearing my name said by those with an accent. It makes it sound even prettier!
SonyaPJs  12/12/2017

EMMA  added 12/12/2017, 9:18:49 AM by HaileyBreitenkamp
My best friend's name is Emma but she hates it and she is transgender so she goes by Adrian.
HaileyBreitenkamp  12/12/2017

HUDSON  added 12/12/2017, 9:17:23 AM by HaileyBreitenkamp
This is my brothers name
HaileyBreitenkamp  12/12/2017

HAILEY  added 12/12/2017, 9:08:40 AM by HaileyBreitenkamp
My name is Hailey and nobody ever knows how to spell it right. They always spell it Hayley or Haley. Any time I go somewhere and I want like a bracelet or necklace with my name on it, it is never spelled right. I know many people with that name at my school and they all spell it differently. No one spells it like me, which is cool so its original. I know people that spell it these ways: Hayley, Haley, Haileigh, and Haylee. I think they are all pretty unique in there own way.
HaileyBreitenkamp  12/12/2017

MILA  added 12/12/2017, 8:50:00 AM by Anonymous User
I've never known that the meaning name of Mila is so good. I feel like wow...because my real name is Patmila , my nickname is Mila, but my friends and family usually call 'mil' in shortly way. And the name of mila that I get is absorbed from both ma parents' name, besides in my country (Indonesia) there is no special meaning name of mila.
― Anonymous User  12/12/2017

SIDNEY  added 12/12/2017, 8:22:41 AM by MC Parker
I love this name for a boy because of Sidney Carter from the BBC TV show Father Brown.
MC Parker  12/12/2017

CORINE  added 12/12/2017, 8:11:03 AM by XironDarkstar
I love this spelling. In Corinne, somehow one N looks extra but this spelling is perfect. Cori is also a cute nickname.
XironDarkstar  12/12/2017

HARPER  added 12/12/2017, 6:37:59 AM by Anonymous User
My oldest daughter wanted "Harper" for her daughter, but her husband - Thank God - said "No Way!" At least he has some common sense. So, my oldest daughter pressured her younger sister into naming their daughter "Harper." Both sides of parents were shocked, to say the least. The only reason Harper was chosen was because of Harper Lee and "To Kill a Mockingbird" which my oldest daughter really liked as a novel.

I cannot stand the name for any person - male or female.
Harper is the name of a:
Ferry - Harper's Ferry
Magazine - Harper Magazine
Bazaar - Harper's Bazaar
Good last name: John Doe Harper,

...but not for a boy or a girl.

As one person pointed out, it is associated with a goddess and a monster with lots of negative connotations.

Also, it is a sign of the "culture" we live in - name a kid after a flower, rock, city, state, disease, bug, arachnids (Spyder), superhero's - Thor, vegetables, fruits, etc.

Forget about naming children after saints. With all of these 'unique' names, it is the culture influencing Christianity vs the other way around. Our culture is so heathen anymore, it's crazy.

I used to audit immunization records and I found a plethora of "unique" (weird) names, such as those cited above.
Months of the year, days of the week, seasons of the year; one lady - really - had wanted to name her daughter Chlamydia - which is a sexually transmitted disease. She thought it was a flower. Luckily the RN explained the reality to her.

So - Harper - guess I'll associate it with Heavenly Angels playing the Harp.
― Anonymous User  12/12/2017

LAURA  added 12/12/2017, 5:42:29 AM by Anonymous User
Boring name
― Anonymous User  12/12/2017

CLARE  added 12/12/2017, 5:12:06 AM by Anonymous User
I don't know Clare sounds strange to me, I love Claire though, just one letter can change everything.
― Anonymous User  12/12/2017

JOEL  added 12/12/2017, 3:17:10 AM by BehindAName9
Joel is an awesome name, and I know a very kind Joel and his name suits him well. I prefer this over Joe.
BehindAName9  12/12/2017

ERICK  added 12/12/2017, 3:13:57 AM by BehindAName9
It's more stable than just "Rick" or Eric (Erik). I like it :)
BehindAName9  12/12/2017

CHARLTON  added 12/12/2017, 1:23:12 AM by Anonymous User
The name Charlton actually means "The Savior of Survivors" in Hebrew
― Anonymous User  12/12/2017

HONOKA  added 12/11/2017, 10:23:23 PM by Poisonotter
Other popular kanji used which have the same pronunciation can include 穂 (ho) meaning grain spine, a connecting particle 乃 (no) and 香 (ka) meaning fragrance.
Poisonotter  12/11/2017

TUTANKHAMON  added 12/11/2017, 10:22:14 PM by Official Name Critic
For those of you who think this is what the Egyptian Pharaoh was named, you're wrong.
This name is spelled "T-U-T-A-N-K-H-A-M-O-N", however the pharaoh's name was spelled "T-U-T-A-N-K-H-A-M-U-N".
Official Name Critic  12/11/2017

GARDENIA  added 12/11/2017, 10:16:32 PM by Hushpuppy
Seems rather strange that it's a flower name, but doesn't actually come from the word garden. Illogical coincidence.
Hushpuppy  12/11/2017

TIMOTHY  added 12/11/2017, 9:06:17 PM by XironDarkstar
I love Timothy but Tim just doesn't sound as good as Timothy. And Timmy is okay for a little boy, but a grown man, it probably won't sound so cute. Timothy always appeared to me as a classic, in a John or Susan way, but not boring like John or dated like Susan.
XironDarkstar  12/11/2017

SUSAN  added 12/11/2017, 9:02:00 PM by XironDarkstar
It sounds very old ladyish to me, like a grandma. But maybe not that old, maybe around a 40 year old woman? I love Susannah though.
XironDarkstar  12/11/2017

SOLLEMNIA  added 12/11/2017, 8:59:01 PM by XironDarkstar
It sounds pretty, but sort of like a disease to me. I love Soléne and Solange though.
XironDarkstar  12/11/2017

SOLÈNE  added 12/11/2017, 8:58:05 PM by XironDarkstar
I love Soléne and Solange, but prefer Soléne. Solange reminds me too much of Beyonce's sister.
XironDarkstar  12/11/2017

SOPHRONIA  added 12/11/2017, 7:41:04 PM by Sapphyre
This is my greatgrandmother's name. I wish I'd known her I bet she was a special lady :)
Sapphyre  12/11/2017

EMORY  added 12/11/2017, 7:27:25 PM by Anonymous User
I actually think Emory is a nice name for any gender. People seem to think its a male name, but it seems to actually be more popular amoung females. I personally prefer this spelling over Emery, but either way I think this name works well for any gender regardless.
― Anonymous User  12/11/2017

KATIA  added 12/11/2017, 7:13:46 PM by XYKLONE
Beautiful alternative to the common Katherine/Katie :)
XYKLONE  12/11/2017

MAGNUS  added 12/11/2017, 6:52:20 PM by XironDarkstar
I don't like the nickname Maggie, it seems to feminine, nor Aggie. I prefer it alone. It sounds handsome.
XironDarkstar  12/11/2017

NICK  added 12/11/2017, 6:23:21 PM by HomeBoii_Emilio
Could be a unisex name/nickname. My friend's name is Nicole but she says we can call her Nick.
HomeBoii_Emilio  12/11/2017

OKSANA  added 12/11/2017, 6:03:50 PM by flaneuse
Oksana Grishuk (b. 1972) is a Russian ice dancer who won the Olympic Gold in 1994 and 1998.
flaneuse  12/11/2017

CONSTANTINE  added 12/11/2017, 5:43:07 PM by Feorsteorra
In the case of the DC comics character John Constantine aka Hellblazer, it's pronounced KAWNS-tən-tien (rhymes with "design" and "Valentine"). Wikipedia has this for the pronunciation of his name: (/ˈkɒnstəntaɪn/).
Feorsteorra  12/11/2017

ELUNED  added 12/11/2017, 4:35:31 PM by Anonymous User
My name is Eluned and I'm from South Wales. I prefer my name to be pronounced 'El ee Ned' so for those who then struggle to say my name can call me Ellie for short. My parents always called me 'El in Ed', though, so I get called all variants of the name! Although, a many people who've never heard of the name Eluned are keen to learn the full pronunciation and spelling of it (my preferred pronunciation).

Unfortunately for an unusual name came unwanted name calling and nicknames growing up. But I loved having my name called in class and not having to look around to see if the teacher meant the other Eluned!
― Anonymous User  12/11/2017

CHANNAH  added 12/11/2017, 4:28:29 PM by cdawg
Hannah seems to be missing something, but Channah fixes that. I would definitely use it if only it was pronounced like "CHA-na!"
cdawg  12/11/2017

ANN  added 12/11/2017, 4:24:10 PM by cdawg
I prefer this spelling to Anne, which looks a bit frilly. I probably wouldn't use it, but it's quite nice. Sadly, it is often stuffed into the middle-name-slot.
cdawg  12/11/2017

MANYARA  added 12/11/2017, 4:17:22 PM by Queen-of-Pens
between the meanings of "you have been humbled" and "one with spaced teeth", I think of paper-doll animations from PBS. My mom thinks it would fit a little girl, being as she's named three kids that never got picked on for there names, I think that's a good voucher.
Queen-of-Pens  12/11/2017

UDUAKOBONG  added 12/11/2017, 4:10:07 PM by cdawg
Looks like a sound effect: ODD-WHACK-A-BONG!
cdawg  12/11/2017

FRANKIE  added 12/11/2017, 3:02:53 PM by Frankiet
I am a male. Sometimes it stinks to have the name Frankie because 2/3 of people spell it wrong. Franky, I think is a famine name and Frankie is a masculine name
Frankiet  12/11/2017

EIREANN  added 12/11/2017, 2:23:48 PM by XironDarkstar
I love this spelling, maybe because I like Eira? It sounds cute, and after a while its easy enough to spell.
XironDarkstar  12/11/2017

AINSLEY  added 12/11/2017, 2:19:49 PM by XironDarkstar
I kind of prefer it on a girl, but its okay on a male. Ashley and it just seem different. Ashley is more simple and common, really.
XironDarkstar  12/11/2017

ELAH  added 12/11/2017, 2:09:15 PM by XironDarkstar
I like it on a girl, but prefer the Polish Ela.
XironDarkstar  12/11/2017

LEITH  added 12/11/2017, 1:48:27 PM by XironDarkstar
Maybe I am dirty minded but the meaning "wet, damp" sounds wrong to me.
XironDarkstar  12/11/2017

HAZAEL  added 12/11/2017, 11:45:38 AM by Anonymous User
My name is Jaciel and i've been wondering what it meant. I'm male and most websites don't have my name.
― Anonymous User  12/11/2017

AURORA  added 12/11/2017, 11:38:30 AM by Anonymous User
It's amazing how many people are willing to leave nasty comments about names. Such comments really say more about the person who left the comment than about the name. I doubt this name would be used by so many people if it were really so gag inducing.

I personally think it's a beautiful name. It reminds me of the Aurora Borealis. It's hard to think of a more gorgeous natural phenomenon than the Northern Lights. If it also brings to mind the Disney princess, who cares? Disney used this name in their movie because that's the name used in Tchaikovsky's ballet 'The Sleeping Beauty', which was largely considered his best work. It originally goes back to the Roman goddess and the Latin word for dawn. It also shares roots with the Latin word for 'gold'.

Rora, Auri, Aura, Ara, Ro, and Rory are all pretty cute and usable nicknames; although, Rory outside of the US probably won't become popular due to Rory being such a popular boy's name in the UK.

I've seen a lot of people suggest 'Aurelia' instead on various name sites as the better alternative, but it basically just comes down to a matter of preference. If I wanted to tear down Aurelia as a name, I could just as easily do so. If you came to comments page because you like the name Aurora, don't let rude comments deter you or convince you to lean toward a name you like less. Pregnancy and post-natal months are already stressful without toxic anons.
― Anonymous User  12/11/2017

JADYN  added 12/11/2017, 10:29:23 AM by J-Bird
I can't believe people make such rude comments about a name. People actually have these names! If you don't like it then keep it to yourself. I know someone who read bad comments about her name and started hating it! By the way the name Jadyn is a beautiful name for any boy or girl. If you are a girl with the name Jadyn don't let people tell you that it's boyish or whatever. Embrace your name and be proud of it!
J-Bird  12/11/2017