||humblebee (Authenticated as humblebee)
||October 6, 2012 at 6:52:35 AM
||Clare by Lily
I love Clare with this spelling. It was my godmother's name, and it would have been my son's mn if he had been a girl.
Clare or Claire? Clare because I have that emotional attachment, and I'd most likely use it as a mn. I don't mind the "i" spelling, and I'd consider Claire if I was thinking about using it as a fn. It can be frustrating to have a rare spelling of a popular name, imo.
Clara or Clare, Claire and why? Clare, as above. I don't like CLAIR-uh, and that's what I'd get in the US.
It's no Isabella or Sophia, but Claire is certainly more common than it used to be, and it looks like it's still climbing. I don't think it's too common, but YMMV.
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Clare - Lily Oct 5 2012, 7:37:47 PM
- Re: Clare - Pie Oct 8 2012, 9:32:24 AM
- Re: Clare - Anneza Oct 7 2012, 11:20:15 PM
- Re: Clare - kudriashkajo Oct 6 2012, 2:57:08 PM
- Re: Clare - Wordsmith Oct 6 2012, 12:55:35 PM
- Re: Clare - Billina Oct 6 2012, 8:30:52 AM
- Re: Clare - humblebee Oct 6 2012, 6:52:35 AM
- the more appealing spelling (nt) - hyacinthus Oct 6 2012, 6:35:54 AM
- Re: Clare - UniqueNameLover Oct 6 2012, 1:56:22 AM
- Re: Clare - Just Jonquil Oct 6 2012, 12:34:19 AM
- Re: Clare - Millie Oct 6 2012, 12:29:16 AM