||my dad has one
||Silver (guest, 184.108.40.206)
||November 12, 2002 at 11:25:51 PM
||Re: Basically then... by Yahalome
My dad uses Phonemes at work and told me of a site that has the complete listof 72 phonemes.
When he gives it to me, ill pass it on.
Again, I am canadian, and still have a bit of my french/native accent from when i used to live up north so i do pronunce some words rather strangly. That and one grandparent is scottish and the other austrian, and then have wierd ways of saying words that I have picked up.
But when i say tsh it has a sharp ending, whereas the sh doesnt give u that.
If i try to say church by saying 'tshurch' it does work, i see ur point, but u still dont get the hard sound that ch gives you.
Perhaps its more horrible accent which i hate!!!
I hope to stay in touch with this, thanks for your help
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Phonetics and Linguistics - Silver Nov 9 2002, 12:36:17 AM
- To Y. - Silver Nov 15 2002, 10:22:09 PM
- Re: To Y. - Yahalome Nov 17 2002, 12:08:10 AM
- On constructed languages - Pavlos Nov 11 2002, 8:39:16 AM
- You somehow... - Pavlos Nov 11 2002, 7:32:22 AM
- A note to Yahalome - Silver Nov 10 2002, 4:05:39 PM
- Re: A note to Yahalome - Yahalome Nov 11 2002, 4:40:53 PM
- i think i get sumthin... - Silver Nov 10 2002, 4:22:20 PM
- Re: i think i get sumthin... - Yahalome Nov 11 2002, 4:14:00 PM
- Basically then... - Silver Nov 12 2002, 7:39:16 PM
- Re: Basically then... - Yahalome Nov 12 2002, 11:18:50 PM
- my dad has one - Silver Nov 12 2002, 11:25:51 PM
- one more thing on the loopy n - Silver Nov 12 2002, 7:44:10 PM
- Re: one more thing on the loopy n - Yahalome Nov 12 2002, 11:25:05 PM
- lol! questions on q, x, wh, and w - Silver Nov 13 2002, 8:37:57 PM
- Re: lol! questions on q, x, wh, and w - Lilith Nov 15 2002, 7:26:53 PM
- Re: lol! questions on q, x, wh, and w - Yahalome Nov 14 2002, 4:23:54 PM
- opps! please ignore the 'neh' part in my attempt to pronounce, i was thinking of bonne journee... n/t - Silver Nov 13 2002, 11:11:56 PM
- A note ot Mike C - Silver Nov 9 2002, 11:43:03 PM
- Re: Phonetics and Linguistics - Lilith Nov 9 2002, 12:28:26 PM
- Re: Phonetics and Linguistics - Satu Nov 9 2002, 6:12:05 AM
- Re: Phonetics and Linguistics - Yahalome Nov 9 2002, 12:54:19 AM
- email - Silver Nov 9 2002, 11:47:59 PM
- wow im tired, i think i meant logographic or lithographic... -loser- to much math make silvy loopy... n/t - Silver Nov 9 2002, 12:38:31 AM