||Silver (guest, 188.8.131.52)
||November 15, 2002 at 10:22:09 PM
||Phonetics and Linguistics by Silver
Ok, I hope you aren't getting tired of my incessant questions, if you are, just say, and ill stop
Ok first I don't know what you mean by the vowel "short A"
and I think ay and eh make the same sounds, unless ur thinking the ay to make an i sound
I have a lot more vowels then you do, and i was curious if you want to cross reference
When you say these sounds do not have a voiced or unvoiced form, you mean that when whispered, and when spoken u get the same sound, right?
Also i was wondering if u wanted to add the guteral French r to ur list.
I didnt understand your last comment concering the w and wh sound.
Do you have some english examples so I can understand the difference.
I am sorry to be redundant, and i am just making sure... but the Spanish sounds ñ and ll are just n+y and l+y and are not needed?
because in ur last response i thought u said as much, but in ur chart the ll leter does show up
Thats all for now
~Silver (Phonem Mastah in training!)
Ps. go to askjeeves.com and type in Phonem, you get a lot of info
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Phonetics and Linguistics - Silver Nov 9 2002, 12:36:17 AM
- To Y. - Silver Nov 15 2002, 10:22:09 PM
- Re: To Y. - Yahalome Nov 17 2002, 12:08:10 AM
- On constructed languages - Pavlos Nov 11 2002, 8:39:16 AM
- You somehow... - Pavlos Nov 11 2002, 7:32:22 AM
- A note to Yahalome - Silver Nov 10 2002, 4:05:39 PM
- Re: A note to Yahalome - Yahalome Nov 11 2002, 4:40:53 PM
- i think i get sumthin... - Silver Nov 10 2002, 4:22:20 PM
- Re: i think i get sumthin... - Yahalome Nov 11 2002, 4:14:00 PM
- Basically then... - Silver Nov 12 2002, 7:39:16 PM
- Re: Basically then... - Yahalome Nov 12 2002, 11:18:50 PM
- one more thing on the loopy n - Silver Nov 12 2002, 7:44:10 PM
- Re: one more thing on the loopy n - Yahalome Nov 12 2002, 11:25:05 PM
- lol! questions on q, x, wh, and w - Silver Nov 13 2002, 8:37:57 PM
- Re: lol! questions on q, x, wh, and w - Lilith Nov 15 2002, 7:26:53 PM
- Re: lol! questions on q, x, wh, and w - Yahalome Nov 14 2002, 4:23:54 PM
- opps! please ignore the 'neh' part in my attempt to pronounce, i was thinking of bonne journee... n/t - Silver Nov 13 2002, 11:11:56 PM
- A note ot Mike C - Silver Nov 9 2002, 11:43:03 PM
- Re: Phonetics and Linguistics - Lilith Nov 9 2002, 12:28:26 PM
- Re: Phonetics and Linguistics - Satu Nov 9 2002, 6:12:05 AM
- Re: Phonetics and Linguistics - Yahalome Nov 9 2002, 12:54:19 AM
- email - Silver Nov 9 2002, 11:47:59 PM
- wow im tired, i think i meant logographic or lithographic... -loser- to much math make silvy loopy... n/t - Silver Nov 9 2002, 12:38:31 AM