||No english equivalent
||Silver (guest, 184.108.40.206)
||January 14, 2003 at 2:08:24 PM
||Re: Pronunciation of Jochen by Jackson
There is no english equivalent of the 'ch' sound in loch.
Yahalome Tal, who comes on this board proposed the easiest way to pronounce this I think.
Go to back a 'k' sound, and push air thro ur mouth, not vibrating the air (keeping it unvoiced) but instead of making a k sound in the middle of ur mouth, make it at the back of your throat.
It's closest relative phoneme is the French 'r'. I don't know the sound, but if you do, they are related.
The 'och' is harder to pronounce I think, so try 'ach' for starters, it is easier to say.
Like the Gaelic word 'Sassenach', meaning 'outsider', someonw who is not Scottish.
I hope this helps.
~ Silver sa Ryuchia
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Pronunciation of Jochen - Jackson Jan 14 2003, 10:38:11 AM
- Re: Pronunciation of Jochen - Sara Jan 15 2003, 8:51:28 AM
- Listen here! - Satu Jan 15 2003, 6:04:47 AM
- Re: Pronunciation of Jochen - Anneza Jan 15 2003, 12:57:24 AM
- Re: Pronunciation of Jochen - Satu Jan 14 2003, 11:25:54 AM
- Re: Pronunciation of Jochen - Jackson Jan 14 2003, 11:33:49 AM
- No english equivalent - Silver Jan 14 2003, 2:08:24 PM
- Re: No english equivalent - Yahalome Jan 16 2003, 10:04:41 PM
- CH - Satu Jan 14 2003, 3:20:11 PM
- Re: CH - Jackson Jan 14 2003, 3:41:15 PM
- :| - Silver Jan 14 2003, 6:07:46 PM
- Re: :| - Satu Jan 15 2003, 5:55:05 AM
- Re: CH - Lennart Jan 15 2003, 1:16:42 PM
- Re: CH - Satu Jan 15 2003, 4:32:46 PM