View Message

Subject: searching for a word
Author: Gary   (guest)
Date: April 15, 2007 at 7:19:04 PM
Do you know the technical word for the association a name with a gender? I'm doing some research that assigns gender based on the given name because the actual gender data are not available. My subject names come from publications from 1890 through 1956 when the gender association rarely was ambiguous. I recall once having heard the word but have forgotten it and have been unsuccessful finding it again. I'd like to be able to use the proper terminology when I write up the results.

 Post a Response

Messages in this thread: