||তন্ময় ভট (guest, 184.108.40.206)
||May 15, 2007 at 7:30:12 PM
||Re: Anjuli by Jeannie
The pronounication depends on the language.
For example, to get the Hindi pronounciation, think of the a- in the English word about. Now use that sound in both the a's of anjali. It is a short sound, but not the sounds you hear in cat, not, but, or put (out of these, the sound in but is closest).
In Bengali on the other hand, the same name is pronounced anjoli, the a- is now in awe, and the -o- as in cold, except all three syllables are almost equally long, and equally unstressed.
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Anjuli - Jeannie May 14 2007, 1:08:53 AM
- Re: Anjuli - mirfak May 14 2007, 10:11:54 AM
- Re: Anjuli - তন্ময় ভট May 14 2007, 12:29:55 PM
- Re: Anjuli - Jeannie May 15 2007, 3:40:13 PM
- Re: Anjuli - তন্ময় ভট May 15 2007, 7:30:12 PM