||Anneza (guest, 220.127.116.11)
||October 14, 2003 at 11:52:00 PM
||Re: AOIDE?? by Larissa
A friend of mine worked in Dublin for some years, and developed a rule for Irish pronunciation. Take an English word; take the whole alphabet. Now remove all the letters in your word, plus any other letters that have the same sounds. Double the number of remaining vowels. Now throw your modified alphabet at the wall. The letters that stick will form the Irish equivalent of the word you started with.
He says this is a plot by the Irish to confuse the Brits ...
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- AOIDE?? - Lilyana Oct 13 2003, 11:28:05 AM
- Re: AOIDE?? - Random Information Jan 10 2004, 1:54:52 PM
- Re: AOIDE?? - namefan Oct 18 2003, 4:36:22 PM
- Re: AOIDE?? - Larissa Oct 13 2003, 1:42:17 PM
- Re: AOIDE?? - Anneza Oct 14 2003, 11:52:00 PM
- Re: Aoife - Miranda Oct 13 2003, 1:50:29 PM