View Message

Subject: Question
Author: -=A=-   (Authenticated as Avgvst)
Date: March 25, 2008 at 10:11:46 PM
What is the correct term for the accentuated syllable in a multisyllable word?


(the name Theodora) thee-oh-DOHR-uh = the DOHR syllable?

Could one refer to it as the "accentuate" or is there another name for it?

Surely there must be something simpler than "accentuated syllable."


- = A u g u s t = -

"Architecture is frozen music." -Goethe

Red, Orange, Blue (1961)

Mark Rothko

This message was edited by the author on March 25, 2008 at 10:13:52 PM

 Post a Response

Messages in this thread: