||Devonelisa (Authenticated as Devonelisa)
||May 23, 2004 at 7:10:45 AM
||Isabeau by Effie
Isabeau is feminine, an older French variant of Isabel/Isabelle. Belle and Beau are incidental, not really the connection, it's a diminutive form, -eau being a standard diminutive formation of the time.
Don't know if they count as 'historical' but Isabeau is a family name of my father's. Marie Esabeau (a variant spelling, you can see the connections between Isabel and Elisabeth very neatly there I think) Colin b. 1692, granddaughter of Esabeau Carrel b. 1640 or so, both of Neuchatel, Switzerland. And there's Isabeau de Bavière (1300's) and the libretto Isabeau by Mascagni.
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Isabeau - Effie May 21 2004, 11:01:38 PM
- Re: Isabeau - Patrick May 28 2004, 1:53:46 AM
- Re: Isabeau - Anneza May 24 2004, 12:41:38 AM
- Re: Isabeau - Devonelisa May 23 2004, 7:10:45 AM
- Re: Isabeau - Khayeth May 22 2004, 7:15:08 AM
- Re: Isabeau - Mary-Olive May 22 2004, 6:50:56 AM
- Re: Isabeau - Miranda May 22 2004, 1:26:57 AM