||Daividh (guest, 188.8.131.52)
||February 9, 2001 at 12:52:19 AM
||Re: Huub! by Nanaea
So "namen" is the secret, huh? Which reminds me: I read a coupla weeks back about a major survey that was done recently in Japan, asking 1,000s of people to name the greatest achievements, developments, or inventions of the 20th century.
The automobile? The bullet train? Polio vaccine? The Kawasaki torpedo bomber? Nope -- their choices were: instant noodles, video games, and Akira Kurosawa.
(I have this terrifying image of Toshiro Mifune, dressed as a samurai, slurping pork ramen and playing Final Fantasy XXVII. The mind boggles.)
Of course, it's easy to feel superior (the Nipponese and French have done it for centuries). But what do you suppose AMERICANS would come up with in a similar survey? I don't want to think about it.
|Because this message is archived you cannot respond to it.|
- Huub! - Daividh Feb 7 2001, 6:06:43 PM
- Re: Huub! - PriaposLovs Feb 8 2001, 1:12:07 AM
- Re: Huub! - Deeefidh Feb 9 2001, 12:58:41 AM
- Re: Huub! - Nanaea Feb 8 2001, 2:48:09 AM
- Re: Huub! - Daividh Feb 8 2001, 6:22:29 PM
- Related Spam - PriaposLovs Feb 9 2001, 11:07:12 PM
- Re: Huub! - Nanaea Feb 9 2001, 10:51:17 AM
- Re: Huub! - Daividh Feb 9 2001, 12:52:19 AM
- Re: Huub! - Nanaea Feb 7 2001, 6:34:57 PM