View Message

Subject: Re: how to spell ZOE
Author: Cass   (Authenticated as Cass)
Date: June 20, 2006 at 9:20:54 PM
Reply to: Re: how to spell ZOE by JemmaB
It's an umlaut in German when it changes vowel quality. The same accent mark, which occurs in many other languages, is called a diaeresis when, as here, it indicates that two vowels are to be pronounced separately.

 Post a Response

Messages in this thread: