Latest Comments Added

GODWINE  added 11/18/2018, 10:49:06 PM by MajiinSaxonPrincess
Slight night shiver: Your list is polluted with ghetto, gross names.

As for you, kayisforkeen, I like how you list other Saxon names like Gertrude, yet laugh T this one. It makes you look hypocritical and stupid.

Both you clowns need to do some research before posting.
MajiinSaxonPrincess  11/18/2018

LUCAS  added 11/18/2018, 10:16:41 PM by Anonymous User
My brothers name is Lucas and I think it is a really nice name.

HAYDEN  added 11/18/2018, 10:13:29 PM by Anonymous User
I love the name Hayden as a girl name because it is unique and it sounds like a kind, strong name.

ELISE  added 11/18/2018, 10:11:31 PM by Anonymous User
My name is Elise and I love the name because I'm the only one with that name in my class. Its just a bit annoying because a lot of people can me Elsie.

ALEXANDER  added 11/18/2018, 8:30:27 PM by alexmunster
Famous bearers,
Alexander Sanchez, Alexander Hernandez, Alexander Fernandez, Alexander Boyami, Alexander Wang, Alexander Gomez, Alexander Sharlafsky, Alexander Pinto, Alexander Padilla, Alexander Jose Reyes
alexmunster  11/18/2018

MEGGY  added 11/18/2018, 7:01:47 PM by Anonymous User
Just please stick to Maggie.

HESTER  added 11/18/2018, 6:39:37 PM by Anonymous User
I like Hester, Ester, and Esther - they’re very elegant and resilient-sounding.

LEMUEL  added 11/18/2018, 5:57:18 PM by Anonymous User
It reminds me of lemur

CLOVER  added 11/18/2018, 5:55:46 PM by Brionne
Clover from All Hail King Julien.
Brionne  11/18/2018

KEZIAH  added 11/18/2018, 5:23:43 PM by Kekaleak
My daughter has this name and the only meaning I had of it was spicy but now looking at this I know I more and for this name to be one of jobs daughters is so amazing.....I love this name
Kekaleak  11/18/2018

HATTIE  added 11/18/2018, 3:55:30 PM by Anonymous User
It’s a cute name.

GLORIA  added 11/18/2018, 3:44:44 PM by Anonymous User
Although it’s not my favorite name, I like “Gloria” well enough. It just sounds elegant. However, I agree that it does sound old fashioned. But is that always a bad thing? At least it’s not overly common.

THEOPHANIA  added 11/18/2018, 2:55:59 PM by Anonymous User
Wow- I absolutely love this name! It’s so much prettier than Tiffany, and I’ve always liked Ancient Greek names.

SPYROS  added 11/18/2018, 2:48:05 PM by Felie
I like the name Spyros because is a strong, cute and youthful Greek name imo. It means 'spiral, basket' and Spyros Theodoridis is a famous chef here.
Felie  11/18/2018

BELLE  added 11/18/2018, 2:42:19 PM by Anonymous User
I’ve also seen it pronounced bell-lee

ARABELLA  added 11/18/2018, 2:30:18 PM by Anonymous User
Way too frilly

MARIA  added 11/18/2018, 1:55:56 PM by Anonymous User
Prettier than Mary, although not quite as lovely as Marie...I also cannot see this name on a boy.

MARY  added 11/18/2018, 1:48:13 PM by Anonymous User
I have never, ever liked this name. It’s not only boring and way too common, but it’s also neither pretty to read nor hear. “Marie” is a lot prettier and more exotic.

JAKE  added 11/18/2018, 1:41:56 PM by Lord Kitty
Sorry Jakes, but Jake Paul basically ruined the name for me.
Lord Kitty  11/18/2018

LOGAN  added 11/18/2018, 1:39:24 PM by Lord Kitty
Sorry to all of the Logans who are good people. I used to like the name until Logan Paul became popular. Now I just get reminded of that douchebag whenever I hear the name. Shame. It sounded really nice at first.
Lord Kitty  11/18/2018

EMMA  added 11/18/2018, 1:33:16 PM by Lord Kitty
I like Emma because of the meaning, but it’s become too popular. Try and go for a more unique name or go with a variant of Emma, like Emmalina!
Lord Kitty  11/18/2018

OLIVIA  added 11/18/2018, 1:30:57 PM by Lord Kitty
I personally don’t like this name, given of it’s immense popularity nowadays. Plus there was girl called Olivia who bullied me for a long time. Still, I’m pretty sure that there are some good people named Olivia out there. Not bashing on people planning to name their kid Olivia, this is just my own opinion.
Lord Kitty  11/18/2018

ALICE  added 11/18/2018, 1:27:19 PM by Lord Kitty
Alice Margatroid is a character in the Touhou Project by ZUN.
Lord Kitty  11/18/2018

NOOR (1)  added 11/18/2018, 1:10:56 PM by Lord Kitty
I love this name! Especially since this is my middle name. Noor is easy to pronounce, has a lovely meaning, and doesn’t sound all that ugly. Plus it makes me feel a bit more unique since my first name is Sophia (Sophia is also a name I love but I understand that it has gotten too popular).
Lord Kitty  11/18/2018

MARGARITA  added 11/18/2018, 12:42:54 PM by RyanD
Not sure why this still hasn't been added as an Italian name. I have ancestors in Italy who used it. It is an Italian variant of Margherita.
RyanD  11/18/2018

MATILDA  added 11/18/2018, 12:33:44 PM by Hushpuppy
Could also be used as a feminine form of Matthew, especially when spelt as Mathilda.
Hushpuppy  11/18/2018

FIONA  added 11/18/2018, 12:10:22 PM by Dawei
Fiona Ritchie is the name of a well known Scottish radio broadcaster in the U.S., and I'm surprised to not have already seen her name mentioned here. Since the 1980s, Fiona Ritchie has been the producer/host of the celtic music program "Thistle and Shamrock." It's a weekly, hour-long program heard nationwide on National Public Radio. More than just music, Fiona traces the musical history that brought celtic music from Europe to the U.S. and the cultural ties that remain across the Atlantic. I can't name them off the top, but her program and its influence have earned her a number of national awards. She attended university in both North Carolina and Stirling, Scotland. The first time I heard the name Fiona it was hers, and the name still brings her immediately to mind.
Dawei  11/18/2018

CAMPBELL  added 11/18/2018, 11:53:43 AM by Kerion
My granddaughter is named Campbell. Her maternal grandmother is of the Scottish clan Campbell and she was given the name in recognition of her Scottish heritage. It suits her and it’s not that common.
As for the soup comments, grow up
Kerion  11/18/2018

MICHAEL  added 11/18/2018, 10:57:45 AM by Uhley360
Michael is a popular yet common misundersrood name I beleive.
Uhley360  11/18/2018

ROSTAM  added 11/18/2018, 10:37:31 AM by highexpectasians
Also a Malay name, written as "روستم" in the Malay Jawi (Perso-Arabic) script.
highexpectasians  11/18/2018

AVA (1)  added 11/18/2018, 9:57:54 AM by caseynames6229
I can’t picture a 60-year-old lady with the name Ava. It sounds so modern that it would be pictured very well on a little girl. Actually, Ava is a elegant name, who cares how old you are with the name Ava? It goes well with Sophia, Olivia, and especially Eva! It’s okay if it’s so popular right now! It’s not so common before because it’s so modern. I love this name for a girl!
caseynames6229  11/18/2018

KINLEY  added 11/18/2018, 9:31:28 AM by Kinleyroo
It's both.
Kinleyroo  11/18/2018

CLEMENT  added 11/18/2018, 7:26:32 AM by Lady_Skywalker
Clement was a faithful Christian who fought side by side with the apostle Paul, presumably at Philippi, for the sake of “the good news.” (Philippians 4:3)
Lady_Skywalker  11/18/2018

ROSETTA  added 11/18/2018, 7:05:52 AM by Felie
Rosetta is among my favourite names to use in real life. My great-grandmother was named Rosa. Rosetta is a sweet diminutive of that name. After that the link with Rosetta Stone is great as I love history and many languages.
Felie  11/18/2018

DIGBY  added 11/18/2018, 6:18:47 AM by Anonymous User
Gorgeous name, but I am biased! Our little boy is called Digby and it suits him so much! I get so many compliments on his name. I think it’s refreshing to hear an unusual name amongst the sea of Top 10 names (although they are lovely too!)

LISBET  added 11/18/2018, 5:37:00 AM by Frollein Gladys
Also Faroese.
Frollein Gladys  11/18/2018

DEIRDRE  added 11/18/2018, 5:14:39 AM by Deirdra Doan
A friend of mine who speaks Galic transliterated the Name Deirdre

God on my Blessing

I agree with the anonymous comment below that the folktale connotation I’d inaccurate.

My name is Deirdra and it has been a beautiful and difficult name to bear as stated by so many comments . I found to be my experience.too.

I was named after the Betty Davis movie from 1944 “old friends” the way Betty Davis pronounced Deirdre her old friends daughters name was beautiful and captured the heart of my young mother at 7. She vowed to name her daughter Deirdre.

I am now thankful for my name and it goes beautifully with my last name.
I also have authored a children’s book and it looks great on the title Paige and in print.

I prefer the transliterated meaning God on my blessing and wise woman as it’s true meaning. Also I like that the Deir part meaning in Galic daughter which would go with the “God on my blessing” transliterated version

(It is pronounced Deer- (like a doe) drah and is so beautiful and it most certainly does not mean "wanderer or sorrowful" it means wise girl in Gaelic. Sorrowful and wanderer came from the folktale connotation and are both linguistically inaccurate.
― Anonymous User 6/10/2018)
Deirdra Doan  11/18/2018

DEIRDRE  added 11/18/2018, 4:40:18 AM by Deirdra Doan
Deirdra Doan  11/18/2018

NERIDA  added 11/18/2018, 3:48:45 AM by Bowena
My name is Nerridah. Nerrida means Blossom in aboriginal story from the book BOORAN written by a famous Australian author in the 1950’s.
When I went on a tour of Israel from Australia I was told by by a priest in Jerusalem I met that my name being spelt Nerridah was the Spanish way of spelling it.
Bowena  11/18/2018

ESMERALDA  added 11/18/2018, 12:08:58 AM by mhmm.idk
My name is Esmeralda, and I never actually been told I have a pretty name. I never really liked my name because people wouldn't pronounce it right or they wouldn't know how to spell it.
mhmm.idk  11/18/2018

CASSANDRA  added 11/17/2018, 10:24:20 PM by Casslgrey
Cassandra is my name. I use Cassandra professionally, and Cass informally with my friends and family. I think it it a pretty name, but is quite long. It pairs well with short middle names, mine is Lee.
Casslgrey  11/17/2018

NERIDA  added 11/17/2018, 10:23:47 PM by Bowena
My name is Nerridah. I am part aboriginal. My mob is from Moree NSW area. My mother died when I was 17 and never told me about my aboriginal ancestors in her family. I read the book BOORAN in Scholarship 1959 Qld Australia about a Nerrida and the meaning of the name as blossom. There is an aboriginal story about her. There where 2 brothers and Nerrida loved one of them. Weeloo and Wandoo the brothers. One brother spears his brother to death and they both turn to stone. Nerrida is left in sorrow calling the brother she loved Weeloo. She turns into a Curlew bird. You can hear Curlews calling Weeloo at night. I was too young to realise where my mother got my name from. I know this she always called me blossom. My younger sister remembers her calling me by that name blossom too.
Bowena  11/17/2018

MIA  added 11/17/2018, 9:17:51 PM by Anonymous User
So, my name's is Mia. I used to like it alot, but it's gotten popular and is now fairly common. And so because of that and also the other negative associations it has I've really started to hate it. I feel because of all this it no longer fits who I am.
― Anonymous User  11/17/2018

IRIS  added 11/17/2018, 8:01:27 PM by caseynames6229
This is a ugly name? Only 22% voted this name bad. Maybe this name was at 10% before you guys started trash talking about the name and the ones who said mean things about the name were the ones who voted this name 12% more bad. So technically, this name was very very good at first but people loathe the name so much name, not me. I think it’s cute. It makes NO sense to see a lot of hateful comments on a name with 22% hate instead of like a 50% or something.
caseynames6229  11/17/2018

VINCENT  added 11/17/2018, 6:00:47 PM by caseynames6229
To the user Lemonana who said “there are also little girls named Vincent on 6/25/2007, I know what you mean. I think this name can be used for girls despite no historical feminine usage and it might have a feminine form. I think this would be a unique name for a girl. But traditionally, I think it would be better for a boy. I’m not claiming boy names on girls, it’s these users who inspire me with their unisex spirit. If I ever did name a girl Vincent, it would be cute, but I would go with a feminine middle name so she’s a girl. Teen moms inspired me to like boy names on girls, but I still love feminine names too!
caseynames6229  11/17/2018

GAYLORD  added 11/17/2018, 5:43:23 PM by caseynames6229
I’m neutral about this name. I have nothing against gay rights. Personally, when I hear the name Gaylord it makes me think of a random quote “hey God you are so gay!” and that sounds a little bit like a slang that people won’t take serious. I still think it’s a nice name especially a long time ago if this name wasn’t confirmed to be a double-slang! Otherwise it’s a chavvy name to give to a boy or girl, since they’ll get teased non-stop! I don’t know whether to hate this name or love it!
caseynames6229  11/17/2018

FRIGG  added 11/17/2018, 5:29:42 PM by caseynames6229
This name may sound like the synonym for “fuck”, and no one would take the Bearer serious, but personally, I think this is a nice name. Though it might not be too acceptable in the United States, in other countries, it might be acceptable to name your kid this. To all people who have this name, change it or not! But if I had this name, my spam on Instagram would simply be @What_The_Friggggg? which I think is cool. I think this is a decent name for some people in my opinion:)
caseynames6229  11/17/2018

THANKFUL  added 11/17/2018, 5:24:39 PM by caseynames6229
I’m trying to take this name serious since I don’t wanna offend anyone with Thankful as their legal name, whether they’re male or female:)
caseynames6229  11/17/2018

THANKFUL  added 11/17/2018, 5:23:03 PM by caseynames6229
I think naming kids adjectives is unique and original. Personally, if I gave a child a word or a slang as his or her name, that would only be if I was actually silly. It’s not a bad thing, it’s kinda interesting, because I come snooping around for my own reactions to comments I read on the website about names like “Unique” and “Gaylord”. I’m think about naming my son Princess Flower Tiana, but I’m actually not going to because I need to take them serious. This name is a okay name if you really think you’re going to take your kids future serious.:) I think it’s a cute and elegant name for a girl but a boy wouldn’t be taken too serious):
caseynames6229  11/17/2018

GIORGIA  added 11/17/2018, 5:22:40 PM by Anonymous User
The name Giorgia might be hard to spell since in English we use Georgia but I think it is a cute name and also a unique name.
― Anonymous User  11/17/2018